SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
greentreestables

HR, please. Thank you, I’ll hold.

Springroz
5 years ago

My DH works from home, out of a branch office that is 90 miles away. He’s an outside salesman, and spends a lot of time on the road, then has to do computer work (which ranges from e mails to detailed plant layouts, and formulas for sizing equipment)

When DH started 6 years ago, the only “help” he had was the woman who answered the phones at the branch, until he made an alliance with the service guys to help him through the details of the quotes and proposals.

After some turnover of salespeople, the branch rearranged the duties (several times), to provide some administrative assistant type help for the newer staff. One of these guys is an ex-military, extremely detail oriented man, who DH bonded with. DH is a little dyslexic, so this guy was great for him, and knew how to contact DH about these things without him feeling attacked.

About a year ago, they hired a young woman who had worked at some sort of call center to make cold calls to set up appointments for the salespeople. She wasn’t so good at that, so they made her DH’s AA, and then a couple of weeks ago, promoted the other man to Operations manager. This woman is not-so-detail-oriented (worse than DH), and now feels attacked by the man who is now her manager.

So, Monday, something apparently happened in the office, and then DH got a text from her....the first text he has ever gotten from her.....saying “This is our new normal, and it sucks” then “He’s a (male anatomy part).“ Now, the two middle letters WERE asterisks, so she could have meant “desk”.....

Now, DH is in the middle of the Rock and the hard place. I am pretty sure that SHE would not put up with being called names, right? He doesn’t want to throw anyone under the bus, but her feeling attacked by the OM is also a breach of policy, so both of them may be fired if he reports this.

Any ideas, please!

Comments (7)