SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
megang16

Please help with decorating living room!

Megan
5 years ago
Our living room is 18'x11' in a colonial home with the stairs in the middle and the dining room to the left when entering the front door and the other opening in the living room leads to the breakfast room/kitchen. Across from the fireplace is the stair wall that is 9'11" long but not centered to the fireplace. Across from the window is an 8'5" wall that is not centered to the window. I got this rug but am not sure it has enough color and am considering another one but other than that, I am ready to decorate the remainder of the room, particularly the blank wall across from the fireplace and the wall across from the window. We currently have a built in bookshelf that opens up for storage under the stairs. We don't necessarily have to keep this but it will at least be staying for now. I would like to get a tall floor plant to go to the right or left of the fireplace (opposite side of wherever I put the lamp). I need new curtains that reach the floor and go wider out (maybe a sheer teal color?). Any recommendations and/or any changes you think would be helpful are appreciated! *Also, the tv is normally up on the fireplace when the mount isn't pulled down. Thank you all so much!! I wish this came easier to me!

Comments (43)