SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dmcgaw

bathroom layout advice needed

5 years ago
This guest bath is 6’ wide and 13’2” long. At the end of the bath is a 6’x4 foot shower. Next to the shower on the right wall we are allowing 3 feet for a toilet. Next to that will be a 48 inch vanity. Originally we were going to put additional drawers and a top cabinet which would be recessed on the right side of the vanity. My concern is if I put this extra cabinet with the recessed top and is it too much for the small bath? If I don’t put it in I have 27 inches to the right of the 48 inch vanity. My options are to extend the counter over to the wall and just put shelves beneath. Or to put a pretty basket in that space. I love symmetry in this bathroom is not symmetrical at this point. Also if I extend the counter over with shelves beneath what do I do with regard to mirrors? Currently the room is wired to have a mirror over the sink with two sconces on the side.

I am having trouble visualizing which is why am reaching out to some pros here. It is a slab floor with the plumbing in the floor so the plumbing cannot be changed. I would really appreciate any advice on this as I am struggling.

Comments (6)