SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dmineo

Keep the old backsplash?

Denise Mineo
5 years ago
We are starting a kitchen remodel...new, more functional cabinets (from 30” to 42”) with large drawers, new countertops in a light color, larger 48” gas range and walk in pantry.

Cabinets will be white/off white (similar to the current color) with a shaker style door but with added beading - similar to the Norcraft Portico style.

Counters will be quartz again, but a light color.

The current backsplash - 4” square hand-painted Italian tiles and border have been in place along with dark quartz countertops by Cambria - Oxwich Green.

The floor is 18” ceramic tile, pictured below. We are planning to keep the floor tiles.

We still like the hand painted Italian ceramic tile backsplash and we are thinking of keeping it. And I like the idea of having something not like everyone else. I don’t mind quirky, and don’t have to follow all the current trends. But I do want to be smart about this and want to make sure the current backsplash won’t bring down the new cabinets, counters, etc.

Here are pictures...would love your comments /recommendations. Do you think this backsplash will work with light quartz countertops? Thank you!

Comments (8)