SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dovechaser

master bedroom from scratch

Cyndy
5 years ago

Looking for ideas on designing a master bedroom from scratch. Pretty much everything is being purchased, although it will likely be over time. I am having a hard time getting started. Almost ready to paint, so I need to get this figured out. My style is fairly simple, not fussy. Like color but doesn't have to be vivid, muted is fine - I like a calm vibe in the master bedroom.. I don't currently own any furniture except one dresser and bedding will likely be repurchased as well. I have searched photos on Houzz and i just can't make the leap from white empty box of a room to any of those beautiful designs!

Room - two 3'x3' high windows on North wall. Two 3'x6' windows on east wall. Windows will have white trim. Open hall to closet and bath. Ceilings are 10' and room is 14x14'. 4 can lights and a ceiling fan on the white ceiling. Sorry - hard to take photos, we don't have lights yet and the windows are covered for painting.

Ideas I have had

• one dark wall (blue maybe)...the rest a lighter shade.
  • install a "hat band" (not 100% sure what that is called) and paint one color above and one below.
  • sea salt walls...or lighter grey. i asked my husband if he had a preference, he likes blue but said he really doesn't care that much.

Floor will be carpet - need to decide color. only the east windows need curtains, flowy and gauzy is fine- they face the chicken coop, no need for full privacy.

If it matters...the master bathroom will be this tile and the vanity this color (or very similar). Bathroom isn't visible from bedroom.

I realize this is so personal...but any ideas?

Comments (12)