SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_53217970

where to reduce from this plan?

User
5 years ago

Hello,

This is the plan I have and I am not satisfied with the size of the house though I like the layout. Not much "creative" help with the architect and is so slow in responding. So, its bette for me to start making the changes.

Right now the size is (not including garage):

1st floor = 1676

2nd = 1154

Bonus = 298

Total= 3128. I need to cut the total size to bring it down 300-350 sqft in total (~2700-2800 sqft is desired)

I'm stuck with the lack of ideas and could you guys help me here? I have marked my own ideas to cut it on the first floor. I'm giving the second floor layout with the new room sizes in red ink. I guess my bed rooms on level 2 are sized fair enough to take the corresponding cuts. Also, I'll remove the bump from the garage which will reduce the bonus room width from 22' to 15'. That it self will save 100 sqft. I need to bring another 200-250 down.

Now, Thats all my brain can think. Please let me know your thoughts.

1: Cut the LR width from 14 ft to 13 ft

2: Eliminate the kitchen desk all together. That saves 2ft, I can move and rearrange the bath layout and that will make the bumped out office room aligned with the foyer level

3: Taking out kitchen desk will give the space to cut 2 ft from office without reducing the room size

4: Changes 2 & 3 will affect the pantry. So, convert the walk-in to just a shelf pantry

5. Cut the width of office from 14 to 13 ft

6.Cuts 1 & 5 will reduce the dimension 38’ to 36’

7. To compensate the 2 ft lose for living room and kitchen can be compensated by taking them from kitchen dining. Its width is 14’.9” and I do not require that much. Reducing 14’.9” to 10’.2” would five enough space to compensate.

Comments (170)