Dreamed of a past love last night

schoolhouse_gw

My dog, Lena, who passed away years ago. It was so nice to "see" her again! And I could actually feel her as I pressed my face up against hers in greeting. Altho......she looked tired....and ill.....like the last days we spent together. At one point in the dream, I picked her up and placed her in a nest of leaves. Isn't that curious?

SaveComment22Like1
Comments (22)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Elizabeth

It is nice to dream of a lost loved one. Kind of like having a little visit with them. I can't help but think of the double meaning of the word "leaves" in your dream.

Save    
nicole___

Oh man! Seeing pets in dreams or thinking you see a flash out of the corner of your eye....is so hard. It was hard to let them go the 1st time.

I used to jog across a modern wooden bridge every day. It would bounce, twice, like a dog was following along...maybe a GSD from my childhood. I always thought of her when I heard the double foot steps.....an illusion that comforted me on my run....

1 Like Save    
caflowerluver

I still dream of my dog that passed last Sept. She is young and healthly and happy. She was almost 17 and had lots of health problems toward the end. I am always happy to see her. I still miss her so much.

Save    
Feathers11

The title didn't make me think of past pets, but rather a high school boyfriend who I still dream about once in a blue moon. I'm not sure why. I don't have lingering feelings for him, and I haven't heard from him in 30 years. But he still pops up in my dreams.

Save    
Uptown Gal

What a wonderful dream. :) I think it just means that you remember the

love shared with your pet, and it is always there in your mind.

Save    
josephene_gw

2wks ago I had A dream of Shadow.

1st she died about 2 yrs ago. She was healthy and happy in my dream.

she gave us 6 puppies before we could have her spayed.

I dream of of an old beau too. We were like two ships that passed in the night.

he now is a big name in the bromeliad world.

Save    
marilyn_c

I sometimes dream of Prince, my first horse, and sometimes dream of James, a high school sweetheart, who was killed in a car wreck.

I also dream of Ken, my dear friend, that I had known for 26 years, and took care of him the last 8 years of his life. He did not believe in an afterlife, but in discussing dying many times over the years, I asked him, if he could, to please send a sign to me from the other side, and he did. I have started several times to tell about it here, but knowing I might be subject to ridicule from some people, I haven't.

2 Likes Save    
Jasdip

I don't dream of pets or my hubby, and your post made me curious.

I've been under the impression that when our loved ones died, they are healed and healthy. Now I'm to expect that when I meet my sweetie, he's going to be as he was in his final days??

Save    
joyfulguy

I think that the dream relates mainly to our memories of our loved one, jasdip.

I remember when I worked as a student minister in north eastern Saskatchewan in the summer of '49, where the people only had church in the summer, many of the people had lost their farms in the south during the dry, windy Dirty Thirties and were just getting on their feet again. Several churches in the area were served by summer students, and some of us felt that we should put on a camp for local kids.

One was an Anglican/(Episcopalian), whose national church put on Sunday School stories on the radio for their kids in the area, and had a couple of young women travel around in a van in the summer to visit those children, and said that they could come to help with our camp.

As most of us were rather new to the camping game, it was a rather hectic, along with refreshing week.

The kids had gone home Friday evening and on Saturday morning some of us went out in canoes on the lake to wind down.

One of the Anglican young women, from Toronto, had a father in the 1939 - 45 war in Europe and for years she and her Mom had been quite concerned as to his safety.

One morning when her mother came down to breakfast, there was a new, peaceful feeling about her. 4

She said that her husband had come to her bedside the night before to say, "Good-bye". I don't remember whether she referred to his appearance or demeanor, but think it may have been much like as she'd known him. In any case, it left her mother with a peaceful feelingfeeling.

A few days later they got a message either that he was missing in action or had been killed.

It's my feeling that there's a lot more to this world and life than we understand, even with the great advances in knowledge that have been made in recent years.

ole joyfuelled

4 Likes Save    
amicus

Jasdip, I don't think how we see a loved one in a dream, who has passed, has any relation to their current state. If your faith gives you belief that your hubby is now in a different realm, where he is no longer in pain, and is at peace, then keep in mind that there is no evidence to the contrary, so keep with your beliefs!

In my case, the odd time that my late mother or father appear in my dreams, they usually look to be in their 40's to 50's. I think that is because those 20 years was the period of time that I feel their looks remained pretty much the same. My parents' faces didn't really age very much, in their 40's and 50's. My mother still had her red hair without any grey, and my father did not really lose much hair, until they were both about 60. So maybe when I dream of them, that's why they usually look the way I recall them looking, for the longest time span.

Save    
quasifish

It's so odd that you posted this today of all days.

I've been having bouts of insomnia, waking about 2:30 and staying awake until I get up at 4. This morning I woke at 2, then managed to fall back asleep, when the alarm went off, I was in the middle of a dream about repairing a fallen fence, and my old dog was there helping out! She's been gone for 12 years and I still miss her terribly, but don't dream of her often anymore. It's been a rough week with lots of little hiccups, but dreaming about her has made me feel pretty good all day. :^)

1 Like Save    
raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio

My late ex-husband appeared to me in dreams several times after he passed away. He always looked like he had when I first met him - in his mid thirties. I remember in that first dream hugging him and asking him where he had been -- he replied, "I don't know" then he was gone. But during the4th time or so I told him to stop bothering me, because he was dead. And he did. Perhaps this was all because he was (I believed) rather a lost soul at the time he died and we had unfinished emotional business -- in other words, perhaps my unfinished emotional business led to the dreams .

Joyfulguy, I had a similar experience at work one night in the ICU. We had a patient who was very ill but who had been fairly stable. Around 1am the phone rang at the desk -- it was the patient's daughter. She said "My mother just died, didn't she?" and just as I was about to say no, the patient went into cardiac arrest.

The daughter told us that her mother had appeared to her to say goodbye, just before she phoned us..

Save    
maifleur01

One of my cousins would know when people died. Her mother called mine because she was insisting my brother had died. He had the evening before. I consider myself lucky that I only know that I will never see someone again. Has happened too many times in my life to discount it. I have had furkids that did return, not certain if in a dream or not. Waking up to weight on a particular part of my body used to be common.

Save    
Alisande

I have had many dream visits. (It's easy to tell them apart from ordinary dreams.) Most involved people I've lost, but some were from pets. Because of these experiences, I have no doubt we will see those we love again.

Save    
cooper8828

Just recently, I had a dream about my dog Squirt. She's been gone about ten years and normally slept at the bottom of the bed. I woke up all happy and reached down to pet her. After I woke up a little more, I realized she was gone. It really ruined my whole day.

Save    
yeonassky

My Jagger came to me in a dream as a happy beautiful puppy again. He was so happy and so well treated and loving his new life. He bounded up the stairs and kissed all of us and just sat there with us for the longest time. I cried when I woke up.

My subconscious might have been telling me all these things but I was convinced for a while that he was showing me that life or afterlife was good for him. I was very sad that I couldn't help him get better when he became ill. Too quickly he was gone.

1 Like Save    
sjerin

Reading these make me sad and happy at the same time. I've never had a pet so I haven't had any come to me in dreams...yet. But a day or two after my sister died (three weeks ago, ) I was standing in her family room talking to her best friend and my other sister when I had a vision in my head of the sister who passed. She was young-ish, looked soooo peaceful and happy, and had thrown back her head to laugh. I'll never forget it.

2 Likes Save    
patriciae_gw

I am usually aware that I am dreaming and my dreams are very real. It is always sad for me when I dream about my beloved grandmother and am not aware it is a dream and have not made a point of spending time with her. I dreamed of a favorite cat not long ago, he used to sleep right across my neck, annoying when it was hot. So strange to feel that hot furry weight. I made a point of giving him a big hug while I could.

Save    
jemdandy

After your brain has gotten a thorough rest, it comes out to play. It may speak to you with vivid images from your past experiences. In rare cases, it displays a solution, however fanciful, to a problem you have been tussling with. Sometimes, its pure entertainment, and sometimes, it displays a scene for you that reminds you of a heartfelt event not necessarily with accuracy, but very pertinent to its message.

Save    
PattiG(rose)

I quite often dream of family members and pets who have died. I find it very comforting.

Save    
kadefol

I recently dreamed that our dear kitty who died in February was sitting
on my lap again. He was a champion cuddler and lap sitter and super
affectionate and he is sorely missed. It was a lovely dream, but sad
when I woke up and remembered.

Save    
Sylvia Gordon

Maybe this was just a regular dream, some part of your brain telling you that *you* need to rest and refresh, that you are too tired.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Bedrooms The Right Mattress: The Secret to a Great Night’s Sleep
We spend a third of our lives asleep, so investing in a quality mattress is essential. Check out this expert advice to help you choose yours
Full Story
Life Is Your Bedroom Designed for a Good Night’s Sleep?
Find out how the right nightstands, bedding, rugs, TV and storage can help you get more restful slumber
Full Story
Most Popular 94 Dream Bedscapes
Picture yourself in one of these settings for a stylish night’s sleep
Full Story
We can work from any type of plans, but we can also provide design build services. We also take pride in... Read More