SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ellen214

Counters will be 1/2" taller than standard - Need to make decision

Ellen
5 years ago

Our cabinets were made 35.25, rather than 34.5, so with counters, the height will finish about 36.5. I don't know why that happened, but the contractor and cabinet guy are going to meet with us, and are willing to lower them. But they've already templated counters, which I guess could be redone, and our floor needs floated because of previous floats. Anyway, we are going to be faced with deciding between two options... 1. leave them to finish at 36.5 or 2. have them put down to finish at 36. With the first option, we may have to fiddle with the dishwasher, as the leveling legs only take us up to 35, so there's that quarter inch (and they really recommend not going to the top of the levelers anyway). Also the slide in stove is real close to not being able to have the top rest on counter. But I do think it will be okay. The second option is that they would have to retemplate (I think) and the float material will basically be going above the bottoms of the cabinets. We are going to have to pick our poison and I'm just not sure what to do. I am short (5'3" on a good day), so 36 is already not ideal. I wonder if another half inch makes that big of a difference. UGH - Thanks for your input.

Comments (17)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES