Gratitude thread (4/15)

Feathers11

Please share any gratitudes you may have this week. Thank you!

SaveComment17Like
Comments (17)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Feathers11

Today, I am grateful for my health. I have a dear friend who's had many health problems the past few years, and I spoke with her earlier today. My heart goes out to her--she's just had the toughest time the past few months. It made me realize how much I take my health for granted.

2 Likes Save    
nicole___

Since I've moved from the West side of town, against the mountains, there's been: a stabbing in a park I frequented, a murder then he committed suicide, a standoff w/ a gun man holed up in a house, a body dumped @ the Walmart I shopped, a robbery @ a 7-11. I am so grateful I moved. (fewer people.....fewer problems where I live now)

2 Likes Save     Thanked by Feathers11
Olychick

I am grateful that I have enough money to pay the huge tax bill due today. I should be grateful that I've lived long enough to be at the age that I am required to start taking $$ from my 401k, but the taxes due were a shock! Better planning in store for me in the coming year.

And I am grateful for a gorgeous spring day with something new popping out in blossoms every day.

1 Like Save     Thanked by Feathers11
rob333 (zone 7a)

So glad I got my really old trees trimmed before all the wind came though this weekend. There is no telling what might've happened if I hadn't (especially since trees directly across the street fell). Whew!

ritaweeda

I'm grateful for another few days of mild, cool and dry weather and a back that hasn't gone out yet. It gives me a little more time to do stuff in the yard before it gets so miserable here very quickly in Central Florida. Today was so gorgeous. I always get so inspired to plan, plant and tend to flowers, then when it gets hot and humid and miserable it all just goes to hell again.

Save     Thanked by Feathers11
PRO
Anglophilia

I'm grateful for the beauty in my spring garden - the redbud, dogwood and white lilacs are gorgeous and in a couple of days, will be joined by the azaleas.

I'm grateful I had enough money to pay my estimated taxes today and also to have paid money I owed - haven't owed anything in years, and my refund usually covers 1t qtr estimated. At least I have the money.

I'm grateful that I've seen Notre Dame Cathedral twice in the past. It was so lovely.

I'm grateful that it's been a pretty good "breathing" day for me. At my age, everyday I can get around is a true blessing.

bpath Oh Sophie

I'm grateful that my father has used the same accounting firm for xxx years. It means all I do is gather paper, get signatures, and slap a stamp on an envelope.

I'm also grateful that DH is a whiz at scanning and computer security work.

Annie Deighnaugh

Today I'm going to visit my former meditation teacher who has since become a friend. So thankful for what she's taught me and for the opportunity to continue our relationship long after the classes have ended.

yeonassky

I'm grateful that I had time to do all my paperwork right now. Even though my week off was cut short by 5 days. I'm also grateful that I have been keeping up on my paperwork so that I only needed three days to complete everything. :-).

Feathers11

Working in my home office today with a great cup of hot, steamy, strong coffee. Looking out at the green grass and a blooming magnolia which seems to have suffered through the recent cold snap. I'm always grateful for coffee and annually grateful for magnolia blooms.

Save    
rob333 (zone 7a)

I'm grateful my attitude about my upcoming trip is chill. I have a reservation booked on a 737. That I am chill is really great for me. I'm not being a worrywart at all, knowing the airline will rebook on a different type of plane, and if they don't, I'll get my money refunded. My travel agent will have work with them about the hotel should it all fall through. None of it lies on my shoulders. This is really different for me. I'm grateful I can still learn and grow.

Save    
katrina_ellen

Feathers - I am grateful for coffee too. There was a period of time when I couldn't drink it and I had to switch to tea, but it never satisfied that coffee craving. Now I drink a cup every morning.

Save    
Lars

I am grateful that I went to a dermatologist who found that I can basal cell carcinoma and was able to remove it. My regular doctor did not notice it at all, and I had no idea that it was there either. I had my stitches taken out last week and it is healing well, which I am grateful for. I'm afraid now that I might have more carcinoma, but at least now I have a dermatologist who is going to take care of me. I heard him say to his assistant that he used to do mostly plastic surgery/Botox, etc., but then he decided that it was more important to cure people of skin cancer, and I am grateful for this. He does a very good job with his surgery, and so I am not worried about the scars, as he is very concerned with aesthetics.

3 Likes Save    
blfenton

This week both a trainer of mine and my colourist both gave notice. They both live in communities that are over an hour away. Neither can afford to live closer and traffic into town is getting so bad that it isn't worth the commute anymore and both were able to get jobs near where they live. I have been going to my colourist for 25 years.

While I am sorry they are leaving my life I am so grateful that I had them in my life for so many years. I looked forward to seeing them and could always rely on them to make my time with them a joy

Save    
two25acres

I'm especially grateful for my husband. He's been working really hard this year and this will be the first weekend we get to spend together since Christmas. Because he has worked so hard we can go car shopping and have a little more to put as a down payment. We don't buy new, we're looking for a used Enclave. It's Easter weekend, I don't have to cook for a large crowd and will cook ribs for just the two us. I'm grateful and blessed.

Save    
ldstarr

I'm grateful that my checkup this week shows that my lymphoma remains in remission, I am so very grateful to all of those that have and continue to pray for my health. Thank you.

1 Like Save    
marylmi

I'm grateful that winter is finally over and I'm grateful my health has been good. In my bedroom on the wall near the foot of the bed, I have a sign that says " start each day with a grateful heart " written in fancy script. It's usually the first thing I look at when I wake up in the morning.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Decluttering 4 Obstacles to Decluttering — and How to Beat Them
Letting go can be hard, but it puts you more in control of your home's stuff and style. See if any of these notions are holding you back
Full Story
Materials Your Guide to 15 Popular Kitchen Countertop Materials
Get details and costs on top counter materials to help you narrow down the choices for your kitchen
Full Story
Most Popular The 15 Most Popular Closet Luxuries on Houzz
Turn distressing disarray into streamlined perfection with closet organizers and amenities like these
Full Story
Inspiration for some backyard chats
Inspiration for a warm welcome
Inspiration for dinner time under the stars
Inspiration for a little quality time
Inspiration for making that best pizza ever
Jose Morgado has over 30 years of well-rounded construction and masonry experience. He brings authentic artisan... Read More