Help with bird ID

katiekat .

Hi everyone, I have this bird coming to my feeder every day and i just can't figure out what it is. It is a very basic looking gray bird. I'm in Georgia, any ideas on what it is?

SaveComment5Like
Comments (5)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
katiekat .

Save    
vinmarks

Maybe a female brown headed cow bird?

1 Like Save    
katiekat .

Wow, you are Right! I didnt realize the females looked like this but i just looked it up! Thank you so much! We have alot of brown headed cowbirds so this makes sense.

Save    
vinmarks

Not sure you knew this but cow birds lay their eggs in other birds nests and the other bird ends up raising their young.

1 Like Save    
RescueMom

Yes, vinmarks. Sadly, they are partly responsible for the decline of the woodthrush for this reason. 🙁

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Earth Day How to Help Your Town’s Beneficial Birds and Bugs
Make a habitat using local materials to provide a home to the creatures that help our gardens
Full Story
Life Be a Citizen Scientist to Help Wildlife, Learn and Have Fun Too
Track butterflies, study birds, capture stars ... when you aid monitoring efforts, you’re lending Mother Nature a hand
Full Story
Our goal is to make the design process approachable and inclusive to everyone. We help you realize your dream by... Read More
For nearly 20 years Grow Landscapes, Inc. has proven to be a leader in the industry in terms of design,... Read More