SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
itza_gonzalez

Why are parts of my Granite Counter turning purple?

Itza Gonzalez
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I am at my wits end here. We chose a nice WARM slab, lots of cream, rust, tan, taupe, black streaks for our kitchen. When it was installed (March 25, 2019) I commented "Wow I did not realize there was so much gray in the stone" but I chalked it up to lighting n the kitchen and the slab now being flat as opposed to upright. Aside from the issue I had with the way the stone was matched at the seam (a prior post) I was pretty happy (and I did get over the seam thing - even though they did change the direction of the stone - ok moving on). A few days ago I noticed a purple splotch on the counter and tried to wipe it off, panicked when it didn't come up and then took a closer look.....not a stain. It's in the stone ... purple. Like amethyst purple. Trust me - do I want to call the company that installed it to tell them? NO. But guess what - there is purple all over my counter, in the corner, behind the sink, to the right of the sink, everywhere - everywhere there was taupe or gray is turning purple. Called the installers, sent them pictures. They are telling me it's garnet and natural stone blah-blah. Yeah I GET that BUT my slab was not purple. My counter did not have vivid purple all over it when installed. Am I going out of my MIND?! I don't even want to talk to the installers anymore and I am pretty sure they are sorry I ever walked onto their lot. Below are pictures of my original slab. The counters on the date they were installed and close ups of some of the purple spots ...there are more.

Comments (85)