SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ivyloudiy

Kitchen Remodel - Cabinet Colors and white tile

Ivy Lou
5 years ago

I'm remodeling my kitchen and am stuck on a few design decisions. I initially picked BM Kendall Charcoal for my base cabinets and BM Dove Wing for the uppers. I recently painted my office with Dove Wing matte on the walls and satin on the trim and really like how it turned out. I don't like super white and contrasting trim. However, for my kitchen, I'm worried about Dove Wing looking dingy/yellow, especially compared to the bright white Fireclay backsplash I chose. I also looked at BM White Dove but it's definitely too yellow/creamy. The other options I might look at next are Cloud Cover and Vanilla Milkshake. I still love Dove Wing in my house, so I will probably still use that color on walls and on other areas that are adjacent to the kitchen. Should I be worried about all these off-whites with different undertones looking weird when they are near each other?

All the Options Together

Countertops

- Teltos Quartz White Pearl

Backsplash

- Fireclay Tile, 2x6 White Wash, Herringbone pattern

Would it help warm up the backsplash if I chose a light warm gray for the grout? Or should I think about getting a completely different color of tile for the backsplash? All suggestions are appreciated.

Comments (11)