SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
no_caller_id

Brick exterior needs a new look

no_caller_id
5 years ago

I am looking for some ideas for a flip I am working on now, the brick exterior is what I want to change the most. There are a few cracks in the mortar joints from settling, some have been repaired already and some still need to be, but they are very noticeable. I also don't like the overall color blend of the bricks. I considered staining but I'm not sure if that will look good. I think painting or vinyl siding would be my best two options, each has its pros and cons but both would greatly improve the overall look I think.

The pics don't show the roof color that great, but the shingles are a green blend and replacing them was not in the budget, also, the trim I think would be easiest to stay white but I have no issue adding another accent color as well.

I am looking for ideas on color schemes as well as input on what materials. I know if I paint, I can keep the gables the way they are and just change the siding on them. But if i were to go with siding I think I would have to eliminate them and just do siding all the way up to the peak. The neighborhood is mostly similar brick styled homes but a few with stone and some with siding so I think either way it would blend in. Thanks in advance for any ideas or input.

Comments (11)