Sherwood who used to Post Here
7 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (13)
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
Related Discussions
Who here uses Fertilizers?
Comments (79)Ok... Let's say I make bean-hole beans in my cast iron dutch oven. I burn wood to a nice bed of coals. I shovel out said coals, add my soaked and seasoned beans into the hole, and put coals back on top. then cover with earth. The next day, I dig up my beans... they are perfectly cooked. I then in a day or two, sift the chunks out of the pit. I pile the dirt and ashes back up for using next time. I have a bunch stuff left. I'd call it charcoal, because it was covered with earth and smothered due to lack of oxygen. what is it? is it charcoal? biochar? waste? I'm gonna add it to my garden. why? because I can. because I can't see it would hurt anything. I'm just trying to leave my little piece of ground better than when I got it. Do no harm... feed the soil, so the soil feeds your plants... and Pay as you go....See MoreIsn't there someone from southern Indiana who posts here?
Comments (7)Thanks for the email and thinking of me. I'm fine, and all is well here. I wasn't watching local TV, and didn't even know what or when anything was to hit here. I was either napping or watching TV, and didn't hear any bad wind, or heavy rain. I know the wind blew the rather lightweight glider off of the front porch but that was all I noticed. My neighbors had told me earlier today that if really severe weather was predicted (I'm guessing like a tornado) that they would be down and heading to my basement. Sue...See MoreAnyone Here Remember Baby Sage? Her Grandmother Posted Here
Comments (142)I can't believe no one has mentioned "Doggie"!!He wasn't around long I think Spike banned him over something...I just remember when his wife came in and posted that he had passed away suddenly...He wrote the most incredible poem...I'll share it with ya... "Doctor Time" When we lose a loved one and we're in despair Doctor Time is already there He's treating us all, we're unaware When our loved one is gone and on their way Doctor Time helps us move on day to day He treats the anger, grief and sorrow with a medicine he calls "Tomorrow" As the days, weeks and months go by we just look back and wonder why Such a beautiful person had to die But deep inside we feel okay We have lived to see another day He's calmed the anger, grief and sorrow, we took the medicine he calls "Tomorrow" Doctor Time has one thing to say Time heals all wounds day by day I remember he posted this poem to someone's post who had lost a loved one and he died shortly thereafter......See MoreRoll Call, who's here (but hasn't posted yet for instance)
Comments (91)It isn't bad once you get used to it. If you find things that you don't understand, just ask here as it is likely that we've all encountered the same things these last few weeks. It is good to see more and more people posting. Sandplum, Your GW name makes me chuckle. My sandplums started blooming yesterday so you timed your appearance here at GW/Houzz perfectly, arriving right along with the sandplum blooms. Dawn...See More- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
Related Stories

DECORATING GUIDESDo You Have a Signature Color? Here's How to Find and Use It
You don't need a TV show or legendary brand to play style maven at home — you just need a color of your own
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDESSpare Room? Lucky You. Here are 12 Fresh Ways to Use It
Imagine all the things you could do in your extra space: painting, planting, playing or nothing at all
Full Story
PETSHere’s How to Show Your Pet Even More Love
February 20 is Love Your Pet Day. Find all the ideas and inspiration you need to celebrate right here
Full Story
ARTHere’s Looking at You: Supersize Portraiture at Home
Go big. Go bold. Hang huge portraits on blank walls for maximum impact
Full Story
MOST POPULAREnjoy Your Summer Garden — Here’s What to Do in July
Our July gardening guides take the guesswork out of summer watering, pruning and planting. See our tips for your U.S. region
Full Story
KITCHEN CABINETSChoosing New Cabinets? Here’s What to Know Before You Shop
Get the scoop on kitchen and bathroom cabinet materials and construction methods to understand your options
Full Story
MOVINGRelocating? Here’s How to Make the Big Move Better
Moving guide, Part 1: How to organize your stuff and your life for an easier household move
Full Story
HOUSEKEEPINGIt’s Time to Clean Your Gutters — Here’s How
Follow these steps to care for your gutters so they can continue to protect your house
Full Story
HOME TECHAre the Latest High-Definition TVs for You? Here’s What to Know
See what’s new with 4K ultra HD televisions and projectors, and find out what they will cost you
Full Story
HOME TECHLove Your TV but Not the Way It Looks? Here’s How to Hide It
See the clever new ways designers are concealing that big, blank TV screen
Full Story
vee_newOriginal Author