SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beveridge_susan

Help with decision process on irrigation/lawn installation pls?

I'm looking to remove existing DG and plant a small area of lawn (600sf) and install irrigation for it.

I think I can manage to decide what type of green stuff to plant.

The larger problem seems to be what type of irrigation to install to water my new green postage stamp. Subsurface drip or surface sprayers. I've read all about the advantages and disadvantages of the different kinds, but I'm still stuck. Basically, it looks like all the information on the internet is written by people who sell the stuff. I don't have anybody I trust to cut through the BS, and it's a big ticket item for me, so I want to get it right the first time. How do I decide?

Also, I don't know how to find a good installer. The words Landscaper/Landscape Architect/Irrigation Installer/Irrigation Contractor etc. all sound the same to me. What words should I use to search on Angie's list or Yelp to find someone good to (a) install new irrigation and (b) help me choose what to plant and (c) supply and plant the green stuff?

Aside from one guy who I do plan to talk to, the staffs at my local garden centers are typically pretty unhelpful, so don't tell me to ask them. ;-)

Pretty frustrated . . . maybe I'll just spray paint the DG green and call it a day . . . ?

Thanks for any help!

Comment (1)