SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathleen_smith6227819

Watching any new shows?

Kathsgrdn
5 years ago

I finished watching Game of Thrones again this past week to get ready for the new season. None of the old shows I was watching seemed interesting so started watching Friends. I've never seen this show before. Starting Season 3 now. Are you watching any new shows or old ones?

Comments (46)

• Lars
    5 years ago

I watch new shows on the National Geographic channel, but I am also closely watching Mexican Dynasty on Bravo. In the 1970s and early 1980s when I lived in San Francisco, I spent my winters in Mexico City (mostly staying with friends in Polanco and Condesa), and so I like seeing areas of the city that are familiar to me. The characters remind me a lot of some of the friends I had there back then. Several of my friends were super wealthy, and I got a bit spoiled staying there. I used to go to parties almost every evening when I stayed in Mexico City, and I would stay there for about six weeks each winter, during parts of January and February, when work was slow for me in SF.

• Related Discussions

Is there any way to watch threads for new replies?

Q

Comments (7)
    I'd like to at least see something under the "my profile" section that lists all threads you've posted in. I've found that even after checking the little box to get email updates when people comment after me in a thread, I don't get the emails. And searching for my user name doesn't return all the threads I've commented in.
    ...See More

Do you watch any educational TV shows?

Q

Comments (16)
    We watch a lot of the History Channel as well as the Discovery Channel. I like PBS shows, love to catch a cooking show of Julia Childs...she is a hoot to watch. Sometimes I'm lucky enough to catch a quilting show on PBS, I can't seem to find out just when they are showing! Deb
    ...See More

Any one watch the show 'Billy the exterminator'?

Q

Comments (4)
    We watch it and really enjoy it. I was afraid that it had been cancelled because it was so long between seasons. I see that they changed the name this season. Last season I think it was just The Exterminators. I think he is funny and he really seems educated about the different animals that he catches.
    ...See More

So did you watch Katherine Heigl's new show last night?

Q

Comments (10)
    Didn't finish. Scrapped it after watching about half. Took it off of the TiVo schedule for next week. It's almost a signal when they try to grab your attention right off with random sex, Why??? i guess others like to WATCH? I enjoy several shows where they TALK a lot about it but don't find it necessary to be graphic...and I love Big Bag, Mike & Molly and others of the same genre. I sure wish there was some network shows I could watch with my grandkids like we used to do with our own kids.
    ...See More
  • nhbaskets
    5 years ago

Someone here mentioned Bates Motel on Netflix with Freddie Highmore of The Good Doctor. I'm hooked. Finishing up season 2 tonight. Never thought I'd feel bad for Norman Bates.

• Jasdip
    5 years ago

I finished the first season of Goliath with Billy Bob Thornton. I like it a lot.

• gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)
    5 years ago

Other than Madam Secretary and the Big Bang Theory, there is nothing on network TV that interests me. I have been watching Waking the Dead on Britbox. It is a series about a group of British police detectives and forensic scientists that investigate cold cases (all fictional). It is kind of dark and can be a bit graphic at times but the cast is great and I find I get quite wrapped up in the cases.......... :-)

• Kathsgrdn
    Original Author
    5 years ago

I was watching Big Bang Theory but haven't seen the last season, which I'm assuming is done now? There are a few shows like, You, Stranger Things and Big Little Lies, but it takes forever for them to start the new season. Not like in the old days when they went from September through Spring and you only had to wait through summer to get to the new season. I'm not even sure I remember what is happening in two of those shows now.

• lily12
    5 years ago

I was surprised to see This Is Us is having the final show this week. I remember the good old days when shows went from Sept to the end of May and then there were summer replacement shows. AND there weren't 20 minutes of commercials per hour.

I'll have to check Bates Motel on Netflix. We like Grace and Frankie and the Michael Douglas/Alan Arkin one.

• Jasdip
    5 years ago

Michael Douglas?? I love him! I'll have to noodle around for that show Lily

• ghoghunter
    5 years ago

I just finished watching Vera again on Acorn and Brit box..I love her. I also watch a lot of Netflix...Midsomer Murders, Kitten Rescuers, Wildlife SOS and The Bionic Vet are all good too. I also loved Tales of Irish Castles and Great British Castles!

• User
    5 years ago

I love New Amsterdam. The Neighbors is pretty funny.

• ont_gal
    5 years ago

New Amsterdam, The Good Doctor,911, Station 19-all of them and some of the older series, Law & Order SVU, Criminal Minds-some have already finished their seasons,so its' wait until next September for the new seasons.

Still watch I Love Lucy whenever I can and the odd game show-not big into television other than the winter months

• nicole___
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

Big Bang is on Spring Break, as is Sheldon. God Friended Me....is a feel good show, not too heavy...been streaming that on the computer.

• Rusty
    5 years ago

Watched Grey's Anatomy the other night, it's new to me. I also like New Amsterdam, The Good Doctor and Chicago Med. I guess 'medical' shows are my 'thing' now, I used to watch all the crime series, especially those based on forensics. I do still watch Law & Order, SVU occasionally. Tried watching Station 19 the other night, just couldn't get into it. Probably more because of the mood I was in, I will probably try it again another time.

I don't have Netflix or any of those other options for TV shows, just Direct TV. I've thought about making some changes to that, but haven't really checked it out yet.

Rusty

• sheilajoyce_gw
    5 years ago

We have been rewatching Boston Legal. Love Denny and Allan. Also found Bosch, which apparently are reruns. Never heard of it before, but I do enjoy the books.

• User
    5 years ago

I'm so happy: we just saw that the Santa Clarita Diet season 3 is on Netflix. Also: on Prime TV, The Omens and Hanna have finally aired.

We just watched season 2 of the OA.

• joann_fl
    5 years ago

Just loved Northern Rescue. A must see on Netflix.

• Alisande
    5 years ago

I was seduced by ads for the new TV show "The Village," and watched the first two episodes. For me, it was just okay. I liked it, but am not hooked. I've been curious about one setting in the show, a former jazz club called Smalls. I wondered if it was Small's Paradise, a place in Harlem I sometimes went to in my youth. But the show supposedly takes place in Brooklyn. I grew up in an apartment building in NYC, and that particular sense of community resonates with me.

• Jasdip
    5 years ago

I'm still watching 800 words. I love it. It's in New Zealand so you have to listen to the words because of the strong accent, but it's a great show.

• Uptown Gal
    5 years ago

Me too, Jasdip. I was glad to see it back last night. There have been fund-raising weekends on my PBS station and no Saturday night shows. I love

Doc Marten too....but have to wait now, until a new series is done and reaches

the States. A new "Unforgotten" series starts here next week...and I can't wait.

Watched the last series and really got hooked. (on PBS too)

• Uptown Gal
    5 years ago

Loved "Boston Legal" too. I love anything "James Spader" and that's why I

first got hooked on "The Blacklist". But, have drifted away from that this year.

• Feathers11
    5 years ago

Uptown Gal, I enjoy Doc Marten and have been recording it each week. But I don't see the whole series available anywhere like Netflix. How do you access it?

I've been watching Law & Order SVU to see Ice T's acting. I happened upon a skit by comedian John Mulaney talking about Ice T and the special characters on every show, and I had to tune in. I'm not into crime dramas, but Mulaney's impersonation is spot on.

• gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)
    5 years ago

800 Words couldn't keep my interest. Watched a few episodes and was thoroughly bored by the characters and the premise and abandoned it :-)

ETA: The full series of Doc Martin is available through Acorn TV.

• Michael
    5 years ago

Just finished Bodyguard (Netflix). Lots of drama, criminal politicians, blood and a few sexual escapades. If you watch it, use closed captioning feature unless you like rewinding. Great surround sound and picture quality if you indulge in Atmos and Dolby Vision.

Hanna is next.

• Uptown Gal
    5 years ago

I watch it on our PBS station, when it is released. They have just (last week, I

think) started filming Series 9. We just saw Series 8 last week...but, it was

released to England much earlier, of course. When it becomes available,

you can also get it on Amazon Prime, if you have that. Or, buy it from

Acorn as someone mentioned. (Series 8 is available from these sites).

Sorry you didn't like 800 Words, Gardengal. I am really enjoying it and

the people. Sure..some aren't very likeable...just like real life. LOL

• gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)
    5 years ago

You don't need to buy Doc Martin from Acorn....just subscribe to that service (cheap - only $4.99/mo!). In fact, if you watch a lot of PBS and specially the British shows, I would encourage you to subscribe to Acorn TV. Almost all the better British series are available via that route. Hundreds of shows!!

• Uptown Gal
    5 years ago

:) yeah, I know. I get the Acorn catalog that I use for gifts sometimes. But,

I usually only watch PBS on Saturday and Sunday nights if

we are home and something good on Masterpiece. I love the "Airwaves"

Guide from our local PBS. Gives us the guide for the month.

• dedtired
    5 years ago

I really like Mom. Alllison Janney and Anna Farris are great. I’m also enjoying the new show called Fam. Whoever plays the teenage sister is really good.

• graywings123
    5 years ago

I agree, dedtired. Mom is a well-crafted and well-acted series.

• catticusmockingbird
    5 years ago

Lost interest in The Big Bang Theory a couple years ago. The writers seem to have lost their mojo, IMO.

Mom is still interesting. Same creator/producer as Two & A Half Men and Big Bang Theory.

I watch a handful of network shows ... The Resident, Good Doctor, This is Us, Grey's Anatomy, How to Get Away With Murder, and The Blacklist.

Have an extensive list at Netflix. Time to get back to that.

• Jasdip
    5 years ago

Catticus, I was just thinking of How to Get Away with Murder. We lost interest in the second season. Same as Blacklist we stopped watching it a couple of seasons ago. Glad to see you're still enjoying them.

ETA that I agree about BBT. It's on *all* the time on CTV. They run it back to back Sat nites as well as every evening.

• OutsidePlaying
    5 years ago

Catticus, I agree about Big Bang. I have stopped several network series over the years for the same reason.

i still watch Gray’s Anatomy and have since the beginning although I don’t think it’s the same since the McDreamy and McSteamy days or since Sandra Oh left. I also watch NCIS and Hawaii Five-0 and started The Enemy Within but not sure I will stay with it. Occasionally catch Last Man Standing, NCIS-LA, Chicago Med, The Cool Kids, and reruns of MASH. I love Mrs Maisel and like Bosch well enough.

• Fun2BHere
    5 years ago

I've been watching The Rookie because I like Nathan Fillion. I stream it from the free ABC app online and I swear there are commercials every five minutes which really takes you out of the story.

• arcy_gw
    5 years ago

We found The Closer this winter and now occasionally find Major Crimes. Wednesday nothing anywhere else drew us to the Chicago trifecta Med/Fire/PD. My favorite are when they all sort of meld one from the other.

• Lars
    5 years ago

The San Bernardino station is showing an old Canadian show called "Red Green" from 2001, and I recorded a few episodes of that. I have to imagine that Canadians might not like it, even though it was made in Canada.

• ritaweeda
    5 years ago

DH has been watching "Hart of Dixie" on Netflix - YUCK - can't believe a guy liking this syrupy sweet pablum - almost as sickening as a Hallmark Channel show.

• Kathsgrdn
    Original Author
    5 years ago

So now I'm watching the documentary about Madeline McCann. It's very interesting and so sad.

• josephene_gw
    5 years ago

Rita, that’s funny. Dh watches hallmark

sappy/syrupy movies. I can’t watch them.

good doctor and law and order for me.

anyone watch The Eagle concert Sunday on axis tv? Now that was good. It will be on again.

• Eileen
    5 years ago

We're on Season 5 of The Americans. Really good show about a Russian spy couple living in the US and raising a family. It won the Golden Globe this year for Best TV series. Season 6 is their last season. It's on Amazon Prime.

Started Hanna, New Amsterdam, and Northern Rescue this week.

• Jasdip
    5 years ago

Hahaha, we both liked Hart of Dixie. It was a good light-hearted fare from our usual heavier tv shows.

Same reason we liked Devious Maids (similar show to Desperate Housewives)

Hubby loved the Americans Toby. I lost interest after a few seasons, so he watched the rest on his own. He also really liked Homeland with Damien Lewis of Billions.

• Alisande
    5 years ago

I really like The Americans. It's interesting how we root for people who do really horrible things. :-)

Speaking of TV, does anyone else think Ellen Degeneres' game show is a little cruel? I always liked her, and I like many games, so when she came up with this game show I thought I'd like it. But it made me uncomfortable, and I don't watch it.

• diane_nj 6b/7a
    5 years ago

I’m watching season 2 of Suburra: Blood on Rome on Netflix. I started watching Strike Back on EPIX, the current season just ended. The new season of Call the Midwife just started on PBS. I like Dick Wolf’s new show FBI on CBS. Looking forward to season 2 of The OA (Netflix) and the upcoming season of Bosch on Amazon Prime.

i liked The Red Green Show, watched it ages ago, it is silly but good-natured.

• Uptown Gal
    5 years ago

Alisande...I thought the same thing. She seems to delight in humiliating people too much...makes me cringe. "Queen of Kindness"?....not on that show.

But, I guess the people do volunteer for it....so I guess it doesn't bother

them as much as it does me. :)

• two25acres
    5 years ago

I've been watching the Forsyte Saga on prime. Main character is played by Damian Lewis of Homeland. He's a real devil in this one. Very good and quite enjoyable.

• blfenton
    5 years ago

I won't pay for tv channels beyond our cable because I just don't watch enough so all my tv is network. I watch Star Trek Discovery which I really like and still watching Big Bang Theory (I think it restarts either tonight or next week).

I'm going to check out Unforgotten on PBS, it sounds interesting.

And I'm still watching NCIS but got tired ofBull. I tried The Enemy from Within but didn't last beyond the first show. This is going to sound petty and critical but the lead female on The Enemy from Within was way too anorexic looking for me but perhaps that's changed. I've never had a reaction like that to a character.

• marcopolo5
    5 years ago

bifenton, I had the same thought. I decided since she had been in prison, she hated the food and lack of snacks. Have not watched past the first episode . Have to make time to see the dvr things.

• OutsidePlaying
    5 years ago

I sort of like The Enemy Within. The whole spy craft thing is intriguing to me and totally believable. As for her anorexic character, it too is believable.

Cant wait for the return of Sandra Oh in Killing Eve.

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz