SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dominick_mejia

Advice on taking care of a Money Tree (Pachira Aquatica)

Dominick Mejia
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Hi,

I've recently just bought a 4 foot tall money tree. I don't have any experience with taking care of plants, but I took the plunge with this one as I read that they are quite low maintenance. However, I've been having problems with my money plant and the care tips that I've read online are somewhat conflicting.

Some say make sure the soil is moist at all times and some say let the soil dry between watering. Some one say keep it near a radiator as they are tropical plants and like the heat and some say do not do this as they should be exposed to dry air.

I'm a bit worried about my plant as the leaves look like they're crinkling up, there are holes appearing in the leaves with some of the trees edges looking frayed and dark spots are appearing in one of the leaves. I'm not sure what the problem is as I've watered the plant and the soil is moist (but not wet) and I place the plant near the window before leaving for work and take it out to the garden when I'm home so that is gets enough sunlight.

I did use a little bit of diluted plant feed on the plant as well. The plant was not in the best shape when I bought it and I'm trying to get it looking healthy. On the good side, it does seem to be growing new buds.

Can anyone give me some advice please?

I've posted photos of my money plant to help. I've also posted the feed that I used, I used a diluted solution as per the instructions on the container.

Thanks!

Comments (6)