Class action Lawsuits
7 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (11)
Related Discussions
KitchenAid self clean oven Class Action Lawsuit Canada
Comments (17)I was really hoping to find a class-action lawsuit I could join - not so much for the money but more to assuage the fury that I feel when I think of how unhappy I am with my "premium" piece of junk Kitchenaid stove. In 2018, when we renovated our kitchen, we decided to “go big” on the appliances, and went with Kitchen-Aid. Up until then, we had been using the old same stove and fridge that came with the house 14 years prior. Neither of the old appliances was a premium brand but they had served us well, and neither had even once required a call to the repairman. Other than the fact that no amount of levelling will allow the door to properly close, I have been fairly happy with the refrigerator. My greatest anticipation, however, lay with the prospect of a new stove with a self-clean feature. Oh BOY! No more sticking my head in an oven covered in corrosive goo and fumes. No more crouching painfully on my knees to scour away the greasy grime. Or so I thought. Then I discovered “Aqua-Lift”, the most useless piece of technology ever conceived of, except for perhaps the Rotato. No. I take that back. The Rotato does what it says it will. I will not even pursue the fact that the Kitchen-Aid broiler sets fire to everything I put in there before it has a chance to actually broil properly, or that the stovetop elements are so hot on the lowest setting that I can’t properly simmer most dishes. Whirlpool’s Aqua-Lift “self-cleaning” feature alone is enough to convince me to never again buy Kitchen-Aid or any other Whirlpool brand. Aqua-Lift, for the uninitiated, is a Whirlpool brainfart that depends on steam to break down the baked-on grease that accumulates inside your oven. If you’ve ever tried the youtube hack where you put a bowl of water in your oven and heat it up so that the steam makes it possible to just wipe it sparkling clean “with NO scrubbing!”, you will know that this method is about as effective as waving a magic wand over the mess. The instructions that come with the stove warn most emphatically that you should not use any kind of cleaning spray or foam to clean the stove or door glass as this can impair the cleaning process and/or damage the surface, and nullify the warranty. And there it is, your Catch-22 – because no amount of steam can reverse the chemical change that occurs when grease gets baked on to the sides of your oven. So, after several earnest tries and and equal number of abysmal failures, I got the big chemical guns out again. I’m back on my hands and knees with my head inside the oven, scrubbing and cursing, and hoping that the cleaner will eat through the grease before it eats through my gloves. I fervently pray that this piece of junk stove breaks down soon so that I can pitch it onto the street for delivery to its most appropriate destination – the dump!!!...See Moreclass action lawsuit camry
Comments (1)At a litre per 1500km the car does NOT have an excessive oil consumption problem. Toyota is correct, that is acceptable and won't hurt a thing. All engines use oil, otherwise the valve stems, and piston rings would not get lubrication and would fail. Now when it gets to be a liter in 600km, you'll be approaching the point where it could be a problem but only from the standpoint that a negligent owner might not check the oil and let it run low which could cause damage....See MoreContinued - Part 2 - Kitchenaid Ovens - Problems when cleaning??
Comments (1)Someone beat you to it: Here is a link that might be useful: KA ovens thread, continued...See MoreSears garage door opener - class action lawsuit!
Comments (5)$50,000 plus in legel fees for $65.00 ? Amazing. I signed up for a class action suit against a drug Co. It was settled out of court. I got a cheque for $1.65. the rest went to the lawyers. Maybe that isn't such a bad idea. this guy will get rich....See More- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
Related Stories

BUDGET DECORATINGSecondhand Accessories Bring First-Class Style
Can't afford this season's accessory trends? Turn thrift store finds into stylish decorating showpieces
Full Story
KIDS’ SPACESBack-to-School Action Plan: A Tidy Room
Help your child transition into the new school year with a neat and organized bedroom
Full Story
ENTRYWAYSBack-to-School Action Plan: The Entry
Organize your space by the door with hooks, bins and extras so family members can grab what they need and go
Full Story
HOUSEKEEPINGTake a Vacuuming Master Class for a Spotless Home
Learn the best techniques for removing dust and dirt from your floors and furniture
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGN5 Favorite Granites for Gorgeous Kitchen Countertops
See granite types from white to black in action, and learn which cabinet finishes and fixture materials pair best with each
Full Story
LAUNDRY ROOMSHouzz TV: Mother of 6 Rocks Her Laundry Space
You may have read the story — now see in action the clever DIY solutions that make this laundry room an organizational heaven
Full Story
TRENDING NOW9 Great Ideas From Popular Spring 2020 Home Gym Photos
Houzz users were drawn to resort-inspired style, biophilic elements and gyms with screens for taking virtual classes
Full Story
GARDENING GUIDESTree Care: Common Tree Diseases and What to Do About Them
Learn to recognize trees that may be affected by diseases or pests so you can quickly take action
Full Story
HOUSEKEEPINGHow to Clean Your Washing Machine
Cleaning your washer once a month will ensure that it stays spick-and-span along with your clothes
Full Story
TRENDING NOWThe Top 10 Laundry Rooms of 2019
Green-blue cabinets, cement floor tiles and open shelving are among the most popular features of laundry rooms this year
Full Story
mollycats