SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tdmort98

window dressing help please!

Deb M
5 years ago
Hello designer friends!

I need some advice! We have a family room we love with a great W window & S sliders to a mini greenhouse room that need some covering... I want the light, but would live in a fish bowl if we left the windows uncovered (you can’t see, but through the W window is out lovely minivan in the driveway, no more than 10 feet away). I also think I want to add some fun (nothing formal) with the coverings but don’t want to date ourselves before beginning. We think we’ll also add top down/bottom honeycombs to get more natural light through the W window with privacy, so the curtains ultimately won’t need closing all the time.

In the room pics, on the left is what we have from previous owner that is too dark & depressing. On the right is a linen-ish light filtering white curtain that i just grabbed. It isn’t hung correctly by the grommet, but is there for effect. I like the light filtering but think it might look too much like a sheet. If it wouldn’t be outdated tomorrow or look too dressy, I like the white & black panels in the third pic, but not sure I love that they’d make the room cave-like when closed due to being blackout.

Help! :)
Thank you!

Comments (2)