SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
organizedsarah

Building a pantry

organizedsarah
5 years ago

I have a wall in my kitchen that will allow me to add a floor-to-ceiling pantry cabinet that is 9 feet long and 2 feet deep. I am thinking of dividing this up into three sections. I plan to have a food storage area on the far left...extras like sugar, flour, pancake mix...things that come in large sizes from which I will take out smaller amounts and store in containers on the right side of the pantry for daily use. I will also have long-term storage for canned food, etc. On the left side, I also will be storing vases, platters, baskets, serving dishes, etc. that I don't use on a daily basis, but want handy for holidays. I will also store cleaning supplies like extra dish soap, hand soap, room spray, floor cleaner, etc. in the left-hand side. The left side will be for things that aren't used on a daily basis.

In the middle, I want a flat space for my Keurig coffee maker, teapot, mugs, tea canisters, K-cups, etc. which will be used daily as serving area. (There will be an electrical outlet in this area and likely a LED light strip. I visualize this being counter height so it's easy to use with perhaps drawers on the bottom for not-so-attractive items being stored perhaps kitchen towels, tablecloths, whatever I need to "hide" but have readily available. Above the coffee area I will have shelves to display and store crocks, canisters, bigger bowls, bread baking bowl, etc. I envision these items neatly placed and used as a bit of a decorative accent.

On the far right, I will store pots and pans, mixes I use regularly, cereal, potatoes, onions, garlic, pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, blender, spices, cooking oils, soy sauce, etc.

Any suggestions for potential layouts or products to use to make this a functional addition to my kitchen would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Comments (13)