SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fininigin

Area Rug over wall-to-wall carpeting???? Suggestions Please!

fininigin
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I have wall to wall carpeting in my 16'6"x 13'5" living room. I would much prefer to have a wooden floor but this is what we have and for the moment its practical and we wont be changing it right now (for insulation and soundproofing as we have a downstairs tenant).

I love the kind of Californian Boho style: white walls, lots of light colours with a few pops of colour, natural textures and wood accents. But its kind of hard to have that look with the kind of carpeting we have. I'm thinking about an area rug to ground our sitting area and cover the carpet a bit. I have been looking for a vintage oriental style rug but its hard to find one in the right size and colour that I can afford and maybe more neutral rug would be better?

any suggestions would be appreciated. Its a bit difficult to photograph room but the collage should give you an idea of our current carpet, we will be adding a few more pieces of furniture later (a wardrobe shelving etc).

so what do your think? should I keep hunting for the elusive affordable perfect oriental rug?

forget about an area rug all together?

get a neutral rug?

any suggestions on where I could get a decent rug on a budget?

Thanks for your suggestions!

Comments (6)