SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
trish_walters

Help Choosing Living Room Furniture

tricia W
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Hello all,

I am redecorating my living room and found this design/color scheme that I like. Unfortunately, it is out of my budget so I am looking to reproduce a similar look within my price range. I'm planning on arranging the furniture like this and maybe a glass coffee table instead of the ottoman. We have a fireplace where the entertainment center is in this picture. I have purchased a rug, sofa table and two lamps so far so my main concern now is matching the rug. Will a print chair clash? Should I stick with two chairs that match? I have also included my existing sofa. Would it be better to get that reupholstered? I can get the fabric shown in my model design for $20/yd on ebay and have a local upholstery shop that will give me an estimate this afternoon. Just wondering if it will clash with this look I am going for. I've also included my rug with a few swatches that I'm thinking of for the chairs. I'm also not planning on the green accent right now.

my existing sofa below. Terrible picture but you can get the idea of design. Thoughts on getting this covered in the blue fabric from the magazine. Would it stand out in a good way or clash?

I also have some design questions.

1. Should the sofa and chairs be of similar height?

2. should the arms and backs of the sofa and chairs be the same?

3. Would a print chair and solid chair be too much with the rug?

4. Do legs need to be the same?

5. I can buy the blue material at about $20/yard. Thoughts on having my existing sofa recovered? It is structurally sound.

As always, thank you for your help!

Comments (2)