SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eliasgrace

Vent Hood ducting HELP!!! Kaseki are you there??

eliasgrace
5 years ago

Hi guys, really hoping you can help me out! My Prizer vent hood (wall incline) with 1400 CFM remote blower is being installed TOMORROW. Initially we were going to cut holes in the vertical walls of the upper cabinets to the right of the vent hood to make room for the 10" duct. However, my contractor has suggested placing the duct on top of the uppers (where the crown moulding will be installed) in order to save the uppers from being unusable. The problem is, that space above the uppers is only 7 1/2" - 7 3/4" so the duct will be squashed down a bit into the shape of an oval. Will this drastically diminish the efficacy of the hood? If so, then we could stick with the original plan and thread the duct through the top section of the uppers to maintain a perfectly circular 10" round but we'd have to lose those cabinets. The duct will have a 90 degree turn from hood to cabinets, then another 90 degree turn from cabinets to the roof (where you see the blue tape on the ceiling).

Thanks guys, I really appreciate your input!! Kaseki, really hoping you can chime in here!

Comments (17)