SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
esther_lorenzo62

Kitchen Design final draft?

Esther Lorenzo
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I posted recently about whether to switch our kitchen L to a U. Final decision is to stick with the L and current LR entryway into the kitchen as is, but to thoroughly remove the dining room wall, move fridge and create a triangle that will give us a little more counterspace. ISO feedback on this getting close to final plan bc I'm not sure about the uppers. We're committed to using Fabuwood cabs which I like and are within our budget, but they don't do custom. A 21 inch upper cab to the left of the 33 inch upper looked funny with too much dead space, 24 inch didn't look right next to the 33 somehow. Went back to a shelves in the corner in either side idea. Pic shows 3 but I'd prob just do 2.Or should I go back to having a full wall of cabs and undercab vent? Hubby likes the decorative hood and feeling if space on the wall....Then there's the countertop hutch h next to sink. Another option was having 2 side by side small drawers between. The glass front hutch and counter, or a taller 12 inch cab the opens up the current drawing shows a 9 inch).Then I gave questions about the cab next to fridge. Hubby fears feeling boxed in as you walk in from hallway so he nixed my wall oven cab next to fridge. Compromise was a 30 inch microwave cab, Although I really want to put a steam oven in there. Maybe someday! IDK, What are your thoughts on the current set up? What about a drawer microwave next to fridge (kaching, ugh) and leave room for my coveted steam oven above the counter in hopes I can afford one in a few years? Ridiculous I know, but one can dream.

Comments (4)