SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beeselena

Orange wood flooring help!!!

Sel Bee
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Moving into a new place which has original, orangey, hardwood flooring.
We are young and just starting out, so new flooring is out of the question (the house doesnt have A/C, needs to be fully painted, renovated kitchen with new backsplash, etc.). New flooring is a couple years away at least, so I'm trying to work with the existing flooring.
I went to BM and got two samples:
1. Gray owl 50% lightened
2. Stonington 50% lightened
I got them both lightened because the house is very, very, very small!!! It looks much bigger in the pictures than it really is.
I am personally leaning towards stonington, with its blue undertones. I will have warm lighting in every room that this colour will be in.
Will the blue undertones totally clash with the floor? Or will it help to counter/balance the bright orange of the floor?
I wanted to stay away from warm colors because i dont want it to pull out or enhance any of the floors colours. I also dont want the house to look dated with orange floors and beige-y walls. Hoping blue undertones will modernize it...
Am I completely off???
Should note that current house is gray floors and the current paint (moth gray?) Shows beige in evening lights. And revere pewter shows green at night as well. And I really want to avoid those undertones in our new house!!!

EDIT: here are some pictures of gray owl lightened 50% with similar-colored flooring. Only we have mature trees outside of our house (lots of green!), and as I said I want warm/soft white light to go into all of these rooms....

Comments (9)