SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_46552714

Darker color to go with Benjamin Moore's Pale oak?

User
5 years ago

We are building a home and I had nailed down Pale Oak as the wall color throughout the house. I'm still looking at trim/cabinet color and Simply White seems to be the frontrunner for me.

Since Pale Oak is a light color and we will have lots of windows on the west side of the house, I want to do an accent wall by the dinette (in the well lit area) in a darker version (by a couple shades) of Pale Oak. But when I look at Benjamin Moore's site at Pale Oak, I click on "shades" and all these greenish tones come up, which I do not want. I know "greige" can translate to green, but the shades they gave me "Embassy Green" and "Old Salem Gray" are noooooos.

My countertop is Cambria Bellingham and I want to bring out the grey-ish taupe instead of the green. I had picked up a sample of SE's Amazing Gray but it's not dark enough.

Any suggestions would be helpful. I've already got 15 samples of paint sitting here between the exterior, cabinets and wall paint options and I'm getting tired. I probably should have just hired a decorator.

Comments (4)