SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kama1991

Kitchen Remodel - flow issue

Katherine A
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

We just bought a house! I’ve already had an engineer look at the wall between the kitchen and living room and determine that it’s not load bearing. So it’s coming down. Next will be the floors, all new cabinets, new island, pendant lights etc.

My question is related to the floors. I have consults set up with contractors but want some real advice. Once the wall comes down, the new island will extend more into the living room, with seating at the end to create an open feel. The problem is I can’t decide what to do with the kitchen floors. Do I pay to have new hardwood weaved into the kitchen to match the living room, or should I just run it perpendicular? Or do I even have to do hardwood? Would it be a big mistake to put in a trendy tile? The new “open room” will be very big, like 29 ft long and 13 wide. But should I stay away from doing separate flooring?

Should note that these pictures are from the previous owner and that the kitchen table table will go up at the front of the living room.

Comments (21)