SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lettie63

backsplash help!

lettie63
5 years ago
I need to decide on my backsplash soon, but I am struggling with my choices. Actually I can’t seem to find exactly what I want -pretty darn close but not exactly. I lean soft/warm contemporary and am very pleased with our choices thus far, but I’m a little nervous about killing it all with this next choice! I’m Looking for something neutral yet warm. Not too much pattern or movement as our Cambria counters have quite a bit of movement in them and we also have a subtle pattern in our laminate cabinetry. I was originally stuck on Chevron it’s still a contender but I’m not stuck on it. I’m including a few photos with some recent sample options.
My latest obsession has been this linen/subtle basket weave 12x24 tile. My tile gal tells me a decorator she works with has been using it quite successfully and that it looks amazing running 24 inches vertically. I’m pressing her for some photos as I’m struggling to imagine it with the grout lines even if they’re tight. I’m also considering a linear irregular mosaic, but can’t find exactly what I want. My second pic of my samples are the linear mosaics pictured in two versions of taupe. The picture is a little deceiving because they are mounted on a black board, so it looks as if they have black grouting which would be very cool, but I would not be doing that. Last but important to note, I’m looking for very clean lines and can only work with porcelain or ceramic and I’m pretty insistent on Matt finish Any sound thoughts appreciated

Comments (12)