SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_909662281

Divide furniture into two rooms, or start from scratch?

HU-909662281
5 years ago
Hello, everyone!

Before my daughter was born, my husband and I chose this Pali furniture for her nursery: https://www.bambibaby.com/shop-by-brand/pali-furniture/pali-marina/pali-marina-3-piece-nursery-set

We originally ordered the crib, the low dresser and a nightstand (not pictured there). Because of a problem with delivery, the furniture store said that if we were willing to take the floor samples, we could have the taller chest of drawers for free! Great, except for we’ve had waaaay too much furniture in that room!

Fast forward to now. Those four pieces are still in that room, which is now my son’s. Once he outgrows that crib, now converted to a toddler bed, we will need to figure out how to redistribute this furniture.

The facts:
1. It is great furniture! We got it when Pali was still solid wood made in Italy, not veneer made in Vietnam.
2. We likely have enough furniture in that room for both kids’ rooms, except for at least one new bed, of course.
3. My son (2.5) is in the smaller room drawn below. He has no opinions as of now on furniture.
4. My daughter (5.5) currently has a queen bed in her room. She’s been asking for a smaller bed and more play space. We put her bed in the corner to appease her for a bit. She has more undivided floor space, but a bed in the corner is awful to make and she still wants a smaller one. I’m not sure a full bed would be enough of a difference to make her happy. If she doesn’t take the full bed, though, we’d have nowhere to put it.
5. If we do move anything to her room, I’d consider getting it repainted to make it more girly (off white or light pink?).
6. The only other piece I’d like to use is a cubby bookshelf I built for her.

Dimensions:
High dresser:
42”x20”x47”

Low dresser:
50”x20”x36”

Nightstand:
24”x18”

Tall shelf:
48”x12”x60”

Full bed with headboard and footboard:
58”x80”

Comments (10)