FOR PEOPLE WHO LIKE/USE SCENTS ONLY!!! I BEG YOU!
7 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (67)
Related Discussions
please, i'm begging you.......
Comments (3)jiggreen, My best guess is that these are seedlings of some kind of smartweed (Polygonum species). If the newest, youngest leaves are very narrow with their two edges rolled under and if the leaves gradually flatten by way of unrolling of the two edges, then the plant is definitely a smartweed (Polygonum species). Regards, Rufino...See MorePlease help I beg of you tile grout problems
Comments (10)Well, I'm going to do something that I've been told over and over not to do ... make an example out of someone... Gibby I share your frustration with installer standards, but the reason it happens is the same reason that you see it happening in this thread. Recap: Poster-1 says that they see a problem with a certain execution in situation A. Expert gives the technical advice he has regularly given and that he has made popular here re: the what-to-dos vs. the what-not-to-dos re: exec of situation-A. At which time, poster-2 says that they are having the exact same problem with the exact same execution in situation-A also and what could be going on? (Er ...). More discourse about why idiot-installers persist with the behaviour that causes problem with situations-A. Poster-2 pops back up saying that they will repeat the behaviour that caused their and other's problem execution in situation-A. Well, if the person(s) most impacted by a poor execution or common executor problem - viz. the homeowner - won't learn, what would motivate the executor to learn???? THEY don't have to live with the problem and if the HO (poster-2) can't be bothered, why should they trouble themselves to be so? Bill, you were remarkably patient in that last response. When I read the previous post, *my* verbal response had a whole load of *F*s in it - from sheer incredulity....See MorePeople who like their Honed Absolute Black Granite - November?
Comments (2)you know I have a positive review! I don't have a problem with prints and I use Method (but I imagine any other granite cleaner would also be fine). Water also seems to be fine. We did not have it sealed, but I think the fabricator cleaned it or treated it before installation with something that really caused fingerprints for the first few days. After that substance was gone, we haven't had any problems. Actually, we DO have a problem if my DH wipes it with a very soapy cloth - then it looks streaky until it's wiped with water (or Method). I'm trying to be completely honest, so I will also say this - I wipe it down frequently because I loooooove how it looks when there are no crumbs, etc. And my kids make a lot of messes, so I have to clean all the time anyway. Maybe if you didn't wipe it very often, it would look yucky. But what wouldn't? The look is so quiet and simple and beautiful. I am so happy with it. And I love gardenweb for these kinds of questions!! No one in my real life wants to hear me talk about my granite any more! Or my cabinets! Or my pulls! I'm so TKO......See MoreI beg of you, please help with wall colors for whole house!
Comments (7)ammysrq: Soonish did mean this spring but we're not ready, probably next spring. We live in what most people would consider the boonies although we do live on a road with multiple houses on it, none of which has been on the market recently. Not a development kind of thing. annie1971: Good point, got any suggestions :) Thank you both for taking the time to read my post and then responding....See More- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
Related Stories

LIFE21 Things Only People Living With Kids Will Understand
Strange smells, crowded beds, ruined furniture — here’s what cohabiting with little monsters really feels like
Full Story
LIGHTING10 Chandeliers for People Who Don't Like Chandeliers
Get all the chandelier benefits without channeling Liberace, thanks to wood, paper, wire — and even a surprising old-fashioned staple
Full Story
COFFEE WITH AN ARCHITECTA Few Things I Would Like to Ask Frank Lloyd Wright
It could take a lifetime to understand Frank Lloyd Wright's work — less if we had answers to a few simple questions
Full Story
PET PLACESPet’s Place: Mister Kitty Likes Being the Only Cat at Home
An Ohio couple and a cat settle into their new home after years of traveling and moving
Full Story
LIFEYou Said It: ‘They Looked at Me Like I Had 10 Heads’
Design advice, inspiration and observations that struck a chord
Full Story
FUN HOUZZEverything I Need to Know About Decorating I Learned from Downton Abbey
Mind your manors with these 10 decorating tips from the PBS series, returning on January 5
Full Story
BATHROOM MAKEOVERSWhat I Learned From My Master Bathroom Renovation
Houzz writer Becky Harris lived through her own remodel recently. She shares what it was like and gives her top tips
Full Story
COMMUNITYGood Neighbors Make Her Street Feel More Like Home
A local historian, a burglary stopper and the world’s greatest grandparents have enriched this writer’s life
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDES12 Ways to Style Your Interior Photos Like a Pro
For great home photos, declutter, prop well, and tell a little story
Full Story
HOUSEKEEPINGCan-Do Cleaning Strategies for Busy People
While you dream of having a maid (to go with the cook and chauffer), this simplified cleaning routine can keep your real-world home tidy
Full Story

ravencajun Zone 8b TX