SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oursteelers

Climbing roses for 190 ft of fence

All of this talk of climbing roses and nodding heads has me thinking.

I have about 180 ft of cedar fence, I’ve mostly concentrated on my side of the fence because the other side; the road side, is my “throw away” section. It it our responsibility to weed the property to the road, roughly 12 ft.

That is a LOT to maintain that I don’t even see when I casually look out my window.

So I’ve been tossing stuff out there-fruit trees, juniper(as a ground cover to help with weeding) xtra hostas, butterfly weed etc

Y’all have me thinking tho...maybe I could throw some roses on that side to grow to MY side of the fence. It is full sun on that side in parts while on my side it’s shades by the fence.

Currently growing on my side in the sunny parts I have Quicksilver, First Crush, Frederic Mistral, Tangerine Skies, Social Climber, Kiss Me Kate and Westerland.

My preference would be in the pink and purple shades and fragrant. Once blooming or reblooming not important.

In those parts of the garden I already have MIP, Quietness, PlumPerfect, TwilightZone, mdm plantire, mdm Hardy, gemini, reine des violettes, Young Lycidas, deelish and wedding bells. So probably something different.

Geez. That was a lot of babble....

Comments (55)