Computer question

eld6161

How do I upload a picture and then place it someplace else?

I am in charge of my book clubs next meeting. We have a web page. When I create an event, there is a space that says upload photo. I want to upload a picture of the book jacket.

TIA!

SaveComment6Like
Comments (6)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gigirambles

Without being able to see your screen this might be difficult to explain. Hit Upload. Generally, that brings up something that says, Browse. Click that button and navigate to where you've saved the picture. Click on the picture and then click open. Usually, that should do the job.

Save     Thanked by eld6161
Bookwoman

Is the picture on your phone, or on an already existing website, like Amazon? If the latter, right-click on the photo and 'Save As' to someplace where you can find it easily (I'm a Windows user, and usually save things to my desktop for easy retrieval.)

Then on your book club's web page, click where it says to upload the photo and navigate to your desktop (or wherever you've saved the picture) and click on the photo.

If the photo is on your phone...is it an iPhone or Android? If the former, I can't help you. :-)

Jasdip

I only use a computer, not a phone. So I right click the photo and Save Image As and it saves to my desktop. I then attach it from there.

maifleur01

You need to be aware that there are some things that although you may see them on your computer they have internal protections to prevent them from being shared. Sometimes copying and pasting will override this but not always.

1 Like Save     Thanked by eld6161
Olychick

Or, if it won't copy and paste, you can take a screen shot and save it to your desktop (or elsewhere on your computer), then upload it onto your website.

Save    
Winter

Just for the record! And to extrapolate on what Maifleur has contributed.

When you "save as" a photo or any piece that you find on the internet that you want to use for your own or post to a thread...please...change the name or number of the photo or piece to your own name [i.e. "winters woof"] or number [winter 123] when you "save as". Otherwise...you're stealing bandwidth and that is not only technically illegal...it's considered very bad manners by the internet community as a whole. Some copyrighted material is coded so it won't allow linking but not all. Some sites are careful with their material and they move it around from time-to-time. If you saved it and didn't "own it" by giving it a new name...wherever you used it...the vision will suddenly disappear from view.

Read through the info linked below. It will explain much more than space allows here. And...you'll be a much more appreciated internet user.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inline_linking

Related Stories

Kitchen Pantries 9 Questions to Ask When Planning a Kitchen Pantry
Avoid blunders and get the storage space and arrangement you need by asking these questions before you begin
Full Story
Most Popular Pre-Storage Checklist: 10 Questions to Ask Yourself Before You Store
Wait, stop. Do you really need to keep that item you’re about to put into storage?
Full Story
Life The Question That Can Make You Love Your Home More
Change your relationship with your house for the better by focusing on the answer to something designers often ask
Full Story
Decorating Guides 12 Questions Your Interior Designer Should Ask You
The best decorators aren’t dictators — and they’re not mind readers either. To understand your tastes, they need this essential info
Full Story
Life 15 Questions to Ask When Interviewing a Real Estate Agent
Here’s what you should find out before selecting an agent to sell your home
Full Story
Remodeling Guides 9 Questions to Ask a Home Remodeler Before You Meet
Save time and effort by ruling out deal breakers with your contractor before an in-person session
Full Story
Decorating Guides 8 Questions to Ask Yourself Before Meeting With Your Designer
Thinking in advance about how you use your space will get your first design consultation off to its best start
Full Story
Working With an Architect Would You Use Virtual Reality to Renovate Your Home?
Architecture can be confusing, but immersion in a computer-generated 3D world soon may help
Full Story
Houzz Tours Houzz Tour: Rebooting a 1930s Bungalow in 3 Days
A design team mixes old and new to upgrade a computer science teacher's home in a flash
Full Story
Every job is unique and different with Alfa Landscaping and with over 18 years of experience, our staff will work... Read More