SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lindsey_rogers88

Can this design be salvaged?

Lindsey Rogers
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

My husband and I have been looking for a new sofa because ours was falling apart, and we move in a month. We found a nice sectional last night at our favorite resale shop, and I wasn't quite sold on it because of the red color and sleek lines, but it seems like good quality and husband convinced me to buy it.

Well, lo and behold, it's apparently a McGuire sofa designed by Orlando Diaz-Azcuy that originally would have cost $13k+ (from what we can gather) so it's definitely a quality piece!

The problem is that now that it's in our space I just don't like it. It's just too red and modern.... Our coffee table is also rectangular instead of square which just doesnt work. It looks ridiculous in our current small living room, but please ignore that.

I'm wondering if the right throw pillows would change my mind once I get it into our new, bigger apartment, but I'm a bit at a loss. The couch will be floated in an open concept living room, so there won't be any pictures behind in.

Any suggestions for pillows or other ideas? Should I throw in the towel and try to resell it?

Comments (61)