SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
outside1006

Seeking color scheme help!

outside1006
5 years ago

Hi Houzz Community,

I don't have much of a design eye so would love help on color scheme. I am designing a gender neutral nursery - we are not finding out the gender but I do want some colors to make it fun. I am using Flor tiles because the room is L shaped and am throwing in some accent colors. I have three options to choose from:

1. Wait to see if it's a boy, choose the yellow accent Flor tile and use accent wall and other decor with yellow.

2. Wait to see if it's a girl, choose the pinkish/coral Flor tile sand use those colors in accents

3. This is my first choice - use the coral Flor tiles from #2 but accent with light red for either gender. I like the idea of being able to get set up before baby arrives so this would make my life easier, plus I feel like it's a little different. What I don't know is - do the coral tiles look too girly if I have a boy? Sometimes they look pinkish, sometimes they look light red. And, if I use light red accents can I get away with it- is it okay to mix coral with light reds or red accents?

Would greatly appreciate any insight! Thank you!!

Comments (4)