SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dakotacharm

shiplap and wall color help?

dakotacharm
5 years ago

Dutch Colonial Charm · More Info

Southampton Beach House · More Info

We just bought a house that needs a lot of updating. We have a space for a great family room (it was an addition from previous owners). There is a west facing window, south facing window and a north facing sliding door. All windows and slider face a different part of our open back yard. We are considering shiplap on the east wall. The east wall has a gas fireplace in the center, we are custom building a mantle and flat screen will be above it. We are having built in shelves to the left and right of TV/fireplace with lower cabinets. We want to make this wall shiplap. Trim throughout the house is Decorators White. We love navy and modern farmhouse. Our sofa is cream. Should we keep shiplap Decorators White? or a creamier white like White Dove? And I'm not sure if I should keep the other 3 walls Harbor Gray (or Harbor gray at 50%, so it flows from the hallway), or if I should paint the walls navy like Hale Navy or Newburyport Blue? So I want thoughts on shiplap color and the other 3 walls. Our sofa is cream velvet. Gray walls with navy accents, or just go navy walls, or keep all walls same color like a Paper White or very light Harbor Gray?

Raleigh In-Town Modern · More Info

All photos are from Houzz to show you my inspiration for this renovation

Comments (5)