SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lacarr9

Help deciding shiplap color for fireplace

Lorri
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Good Afternoon all! We are building our new home and I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner, but the builder needs Fireplace decisions by Monday.

We have a tall ceiling with stained shiplap. The floors will be the same color as the shiplap on the ceilings. The picture included is work the builder previously did. We however, pushed the living room wall back and will have an inset fireplace. I am considering using the same stone as the picture. Our walls and trim will be the same as the picture and the color of our ceilings and floors are very close to the ceiling color. In the kitchen we have chosen light grey top cabinets and a few shades darker for the bottom and island. The counter tops will be fantasy brown quartz/granite/whatever it is now.

Here's where I need help:

1. Half stone fireplace with either WHITE or STAINED shiplap on the top half and sides.

2. Full stone fireplace with either WHITE shiplap or STAINED shiplap on the sides.

3. White mantle vs. stained wood mantle.

I love the idea of the wood look on the fireplace instead of the white, but I don't want there to be too much wood.

I appreciate any help!!!

Comments (17)