SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sconcann

Help choosing best corner cabinet option

SarahBen CS
5 years ago

Hello,

I am looking for help choosing the best option for a corner cabinet set-up.

Here is the original post that tried to tackle everything kitchen-related, but it is very dense and didn't get a lot of comments: https://www.houzz.com/discussions/please-help-with-kitchen-layout-dsvw-vd~5586385

I thought it might be easier to separate some of the main issues from that thread so that my questions are clearer.

Here is the latest draft of my kitchen layout:

I can't decide what to do on the corner area. The measurements are 4ft on the fridge side by a little more than 4.5 ft on the sink side.

My three options I think are:

1. Super susan with two 12" drawer bases on either side.

2. A blind corner pull-out next to the fridge and a 24" drawer base next to the sink

3. A "dead" corner and two drawer banks - 24" next to sink and 21" (ish) next to fridge (I would have to check clearances for knobs).

My goal is to store food (snack type food like crackers and chips), plastic wrap, foil, baggies, maybe utensils there. Anyone have any opinions on what is best? I hate the piano hinge on super susans because it always scratches the neighboring cabinets, but I've never had a blind corner pull-out. They seem harder to use, especially for food storage since you have to pull everything out to see the food.

Thank you!

Sarah

Comments (16)