SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vbnagle

Placement of Sconces in Long, Narrow Powder Room

Val Nagle
5 years ago

I'm in the process of building at the coast. We have a long and narrow powder room (36"x7'6") with a pocket door. The ceiling is 9'. We will have a white, semi-custom shaker style vanity with polished nickel accessories. In addition to sconces, we will have a 'fan-can' centered in the room for bright light and fan.

I envisioned a wide, tall mirror with a simple frame and mounting a sconce on the side walls. My thinking is the larger mirror would make the room look larger? Would sconce on the side walls work? If so, how high should sconces be from countertop? Would it be better to have a sconce above a mirror? Open to suggestions before electrical work begins.

Included is the floor plan, a picture of a sconce I like to mount on side walls as well as an 'inspiration' photo. Thx for your advice/expertise.

Note: Electrician said he could put a 'pancake' electrical box in the wall since we have a pocket door there. Was going to ask builder to move the pocket door to the other side until I met w/electrician.

Comments (3)