SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cookie1930

Do You Think My Curtains Are Too Long / Should I Tie Them Back

Cookie1930
5 years ago

I'm not a pro at window treatments or any form of decorating by no means, but I wanted to try hanging the curtains pictured here. This is my actual room. I purchased them a few days ago from the Houzz website. I saw a few curtains here on the site hanging or dragging the floor like this . Now I'm second guessing myself on how much they are hanging or dragging the floor.

I feel I need to mention I opted for curtains because during the day there is too much light coming into the window across from my couch. I practically have to wear sunglasses to sit on my couch or not sit there at all. The room is too small to move the couch. During the day they are fully closed until sunset. I don't plan on raising them higher from the floor, because it was really tough for my husband and I to hang the rods. Poor Hubby I worked him to death trying to hang the rods. It was hard because he thinks metal is behind this wall. We both aren't expert on this. After all the trouble, moving them higher isn't going to happen unless we hire an expert. I'm not too concerned since this is the den. I want them to look good, but blocking the sun is my number 1 concern. I think we achieved that. Tying them back sometimes came to mind, because they blow when the heat comes through the floor vent. It's not a deal breaker but it looks weird when they are blowing.

I love beautiful window treatments but the hardest part was hanging the rods. It took us 5 hours to get the rods hung. LOL

I'd like your opinion:

1. Are they dragging the floor too much?

2. Would they look nice tied back when the sun isn't a bother?

Comments (5)