SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
teach2015

Wrong kitchen peninsula cab stain from what we thought we ordered.

5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Looking for suggestions on how to resolve this issue if possible.

We recently received our order for ivory cabinets and a darker cherry stained peninsula. The ivory cabinets are beautiful! We did notice the peninsula looked a bit dark a few days ago, but it didn't really register until today when our contractor put it together. We compared it with our sample ( see picture) and clearly it's darker. We picked the color Cherry w Chestnut Ebony Glaze specifically because it matches trim in our wood floor and thought it would be a lovely accent to it.

We just checked our order and sadly realized we didn't catch the mistake. Our kitchen designer put it in as Cherry w Hazelnut Ebony Glaze and we signed off on it not noticing it. (There are many many items on the order.) I don't know if we have any recourse or not as we could have caught this however we still owe her the balance.

Has anyone been through this before and have it successfully resolved? Or have any tips? I'm very conflicted as I really want to get our kitchen done and yet this isn't what I want. From some angles it will not be that noticeable when the countertop goes in and stools are added...yet....

We have a good relationship with the broker/designer, but still looking for some input before we call her. Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

The first photo taken this evening with all lights on. The second with a flash light. Disregard the dust and marks on the sample. The peninsula is in good condition.

Comments (8)