SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
glowgirlinto

Kitchen wall colour saga - help please!

Laura
5 years ago
Calling all colour gurus! Here is my situation: we can’t afford a kitchen renovation so wall colour is the only change I can make. This is my second attempt to improve our kitchen and the last easy effort I can make before the crown goes in.

Cabinets are very creamy and lean yellow. Brown/grey backsplash and stone counter with yellow base and snips of orange and brown.

Walls were originally Stonington Grey which set off the yellow cabinets hugely (First picture). I then painted Indian White to neutralize everything and contemplate my next move (second picture).

We have large windows that face north. Fixtures all have 3000/3500k led bulbs which do seem to be helping to “whiten” the look a little (third picture taken at night).

I will never love this kitchen but I think some contrast on the walls will at least make it more attractive.

I am looking at the tan/beige/neutrals. Which undertone of beige (green, yellow, pink?) will MOST neutralize the buttercream cabinets given the cool northern light?

I’ve got a bunch of chips including bleaker beige, stone hearth, warm sand, inukshuk, Baja dunes, shaker beige, and wicker basket from BM. Also have latte, nomadic desert, tony taupe, and balanced beige from SW.

All the trendy colours seem to have too much grey in them (Edgecomb, Revere, Agreeable Grey, etc).

Comments (19)