SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hwierenga

Tweaking the Final Plan

5 years ago

I'd love some feedback on a few details of my final plan, please

Quick background: we have 6 young kids, and cook 3 meals daily, so this will be a very well-used kitchen. This is a to-the-studs Reno, so everything, including window placment, is negotiable at this point. We will be getting a new, big fridge, but will have to reuse our slide-in gas range.

The goal is a practical, budget-friendly, and efficient (but still oh so pretty!) kitchen for a large and growing family.

How big can my island be? The kitchen designer has written "island placement to be verified," which explains why it's not centred properly but can I add a foot or two or will it interfere with the Dishwasher?

Is the prep sink and garbage location okay? I've never had a kitchen with a prep sink or even an island so I'm not sure what to think.

The charging station/mail desk is beside the walk-in pantry, which I'm in looove with. But does anyone have any opinion on if it should be counter height with no seating? or desk height with a chair? What is the most usable?

Im so torn on the dual spice pull-outs flanking the range...are they actually useful? Or an added expense we don't need? Does anyone have these and love them? Hate them? Do little kids get into them easily?

Here is the whole layout. The island will not be rounded like that.

Comments (17)