SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nicole___

My ornate purchase. Found any bargains lately? Hhhhhmmmmm.........

nicole___
5 years ago

The top is wood, inset with leather. The legs are iron. The drawer is dove tailed. I was thinking for my sewing room, to put my sewing machine on. Goodwill, $200

I've tried looking it up on the internet, can't find ANY information on it. I might post it to the furniture forum.

I also found hamburger @ Safeway, 10# for $19.90, 80% lean, through 1/15.

Have YOU found any bargains lately?

Comments (25)

• kathyg_in_mi
    5 years ago

Post on antiques forum too. It is beautiful!

nicole___ thanked kathyg_in_mi
  • Related Discussions

Have YOU found any bargains or deals lately? Hhhhhmmmmmm.......?

Q

Comments (45)
    I just took advantage of this deal from No7 (Boots--a company in the UK). I've bought their skin creams before, including this one, so when I heard about this set of three face creams--day, night, and serum--I ordered it as a gift for my daughter. List price was $77.99, reduced to $58.49. The price using the BRADSYS code was $30 shipped. Good deal! You can find it here
    ...See More

Have YOU found any bargains or deals lately?

Q

Comments (145)
    I meant to share this earlier- it's just a super handy dandy thingy that I found at the Dollar Tree ( so it is now $1.25) I keep my charging cables in here and can always find them easily. I keep it in my purse on a daily basis and when we traveled it was just so handy. All patterns and a few different shapes. Mine is about 2 1/2 or 3 inches square. and open- (it also has a net pocket inside. Gotta love it.
    ...See More

Have YOU found any bargains or deals lately....?

Q

Comments (55)
    I get it Funky. What I like about this one is that it is a stretched canvas, no glass, which keeps it simpler. It's going into a small upstairs bedroom that has the original 1910 stained wood beadboard, so I think a poster size print will bring a pop to the walls without needing anything else. We'll see!
    ...See More

October Have you found any bargains or deals? Hhhhhmmmmm......?

Q

Comments (36)
    I'm doing a long-overdue re-organization of my garage. I needed all sorts of garage hanging gadgets, so I went to Menards. It was during their rebate special... I had no idea what it was. The helpful cashier pointed to the bottom portion of my receipt. I'm getting 11% back! Does that count as a bargain? I didn't realize Menards carried so much... stuff. They have a whole section of JR Watkins products.
    ...See More
  • kathyg_in_mi
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

It’s the Antiques and Collectibles forum.

nicole___ thanked kathyg_in_mi
  • nicole___ thanked maddielee
  • User
    5 years ago

That’s a beauty Nichol and a great find. I’m going to assume that you have some project planned for it, are you going to refurbish it? If it were me, because of the top and carvings, I wouldn’t paint it, instead I’d take some Lemon oil to it. It’s an easy way to bring some luster to the wood and get all the creaves cleaned out.

nicole___ thanked User
  • nicole___
    Original Author
    5 years ago

OK...I posted photos of the desk to the furniture AND Antique forum. Thanks for the advice.

It's not an antique...it looks very "new" to me. Maybe a 1980's piece? I also got under it and sniffed the wood. Very made in India or China smell to it. :0) My dinette set has the same feel to it and it was originally from Woodleys.

The desk is usable like it is, but the dinette set...I purchased fawn/tan colored upholstery velvet for the chair seats.

• nicole___
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Socks...Is that beautiful vase Wedgewood?

• marilyn_c
    5 years ago

Socks, your vase looks like Wedgwood. Is it marked?

Very cool table, Nicole!

I bought a set of stainless flatware at Goodwill, service for 12, for $6...after senior discount. It is circa 1968, and made in Japan but has a good weight to the pieces. Even included serving pieces. I was going to sell it, but since I don't have a matched set of anything, I decided to keep it. It is packed away, in anticipation of eventually moving. I don't remember the name of the pattern....will see if I can find it. The pieces sell good on ebay.

Jody stopped at a storage auction sale and bought an Oster electric skillet for a dollar. It looks like it has never been used. Only thing wrong with it, the glass lid has a black plastic knob that is screwed on, and one side of it is broken, but I have other lids that I don't use that have the same kind of knob that I can change out.

nicole___ thanked marilyn_c
  • socks
    5 years ago

I think so, Nicole.

I think it is marked, Marilyn. Hard for me to look now since it's full of water!

nicole___ thanked socks
  • murraysmom Zone 6a OH
    5 years ago

I got a good deal on a car. At least I am happy with it. I was able to sell my 10 year old, 125,000 mile Honda Civic and get a 9 year old, 82,000 mile VW Passat for only a $2700 difference. I am beyond happy with it. To go from 2 door, low to the ground, sport coupe to a 4 door, luxurious (to me), car is amazing. My friend's brother was selling due to being unable to drive anymore. It was very well maintained and in excellent condition. I no longer drive so many miles anymore so I'm thrilled to get a car with relatively low miles on it.

I had begun worrying about possible expenses connected to the old car and when this opportunity came up it was too good to pass up.

nicole___ thanked murraysmom Zone 6a OH
  • DawnInCal
    5 years ago

My goodness, you guys have found some great deals lately and the ones with photos attached are beautiful too!

I have no deals to report because I haven't been out and about lately, so I will live vicariously through all of you!

Oh, wait. I have one tiny deal I can share. I've been in the market for a self healing cutting mat. A Fiskars mat is around $20 - $30 at the craft stores. Walmart has it for $10, but they want $5+ for shipping. A quick look around ebay and I found one for $10 with free shipping. Works for me!

nicole___ thanked DawnInCal
  • georgysmom2
    5 years ago

Nicole, I need to move by you. You find the best deals. My Goodwill truly has garbage, although I did find a pot that I really love there for only $6.00.

nicole___ thanked georgysmom2
  • nicole___
    Original Author
    5 years ago

georgysmom....it's a weird Goodwill in this area. They have a FREE coffee bar in the book section with tables. People sit and read & drink coffee. It's surrounded by donated art work for sale. FREE danish Saturday mornings and someone walks around with a tray, serving free cookies. All the stuff is "staged". There's a woman who walks around re-arranging everything, as new things pop onto the floor constantly. The racks of clothes are arranged by size and color.

• User
    5 years ago

Gasp - Nicole -- that is beyond beautiful !!!

nicole___ thanked User
  • joyfulguy
    5 years ago

A lady at the suburban church I attend had an '07 maroon Pontiac Grand Prix, 177,000 km./110,625 or so mi. in beautiful condition, listed on Kijiji for $4,000., said she wanted $2,500. firm and I didn't bargain.

I got a bonus, for when the weather got colder, I got a message, "Check pressure left rear tire".

And a bit of a disappointment - it takes about half of the 15 mi. trip to town for the heater to start warming the car up.

Some folks in that situation have covered part of the radiator with cardboard in winter and I asked my mechanic about it, with inconclusive result, thus far.

Daughter in summer had offered to buy a Subaru, about '07 or '08 near them in Atlanta, but I figured that the licensing, insuring, picking up, etc. would be too complicated.

About a week after I shared the story of my "new" car with her, the Purolator driver brought a fairly large cardboard box from a local Canadian Tire store to my door: a plug-in heating blanket, auto.

It was a few days after I'd used the radio and overhead light for about a half to more probably about 3/4 hour doing work on my tablet ... then the car wouldn't start and it took two tries to get it started. See my story about the kindness that made my day, a few days ago.

I was concerned about so little reserve power, and my mechanic confirmed that I need a new battery.

I was reluctant, read "very reluctant", to plug in that blanket seeking major power from such a weak battery. But son said I need not fear: first, I start the car, which the battery can do. Then, I plug in the blanket, pulling the plug as the heater warms the cat. (NO! "C A R - CAR!), more or less half way to town, so battery gets some extra charge before I stop.

I'm enjoying my "new" car (whose battery appears to need replacing).

ole joyful

nicole___ thanked joyfulguy
  • nicole___
    Original Author
    5 years ago

A Fiskars deal, sweet! Silverware & skillet...almost free!

And Two car deals....those are not easy to find around here. GREAT SCORES!

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    5 years ago

Nicole do I see a Fleur-de-lis on the table in the scroll work? It's gorgeous!

Lots of great deals.

I went to goodwill today and scored a few deals. I got a brand new with tags, Lands End reversible Down coat for $9.99! I got a few cute tops that were 75% off today so about a dollar each. Got 2 new Santa's to add to my Christmas collections.

There was a Salton Belgian waffle maker, new, for $3. I didn't buy it unfortunately. I just don't have much storage space in this house.

Congrats on the deals everyone!

nicole___ thanked ravencajun Zone 8b TX
  • ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    5 years ago

Congratulations OJ on your "new" car and accessories!

nicole___ thanked ravencajun Zone 8b TX
  • schoolhouse_gw
    5 years ago

Pat Catans has velvet throw pillows in jewel colors like purple and lime green plus velvet prints for $9. I bought a purple one.

nicole___ thanked schoolhouse_gw
  • nicole___
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Raven... no, it's a sheath of wheat. :0) A symbol of abundance, life, and fertility. Gurl...you scored!

Schoolhouse...you can never have too many gorgeous pillows!

• tjkeen
    5 years ago

Some really good deals and I have a question. Nicole were you looking for a table or was it spur of the moment? I occasionally will see a nice piece of furniture that I like, but have to pass due to lack of space. Often, I will pick up something small I know someone else needs or wants. I make jams and jellies and such and give a lot away and never get the jars back, hence I am always on the look out for jelly jars. Found 4 last week at @ 25 cents each.

nicole___ thanked tjkeen
  • skibby (zone 4 Vermont)
    5 years ago

I bought six books that I've been wanting for a total of $1.75.

nicole___ thanked skibby (zone 4 Vermont)
  • nicole___
    Original Author
    5 years ago

skibby.....Great buy on the books! 6!

tjkeen...25cents, good buy! I needed a desk for my sewing machine. The desk is a little "fancy". I didn't expect to find something ......."gaudy"....but......it's kind of cool.....ya know....

• Jasdip
    5 years ago

I wanted a frame that was more fitting for my sweetie than the simple black one I put him in. It was more a test to see if I wanted a plain or a more elaborate one.

Instead of going to walmart I tried our large craft store. Yay! Frames were 50% off and I found a beautiful one with a mat. He looks fantastic now.

nicole___ thanked Jasdip
  • Ali
    5 years ago

Jasdip he always looked fantastic!