SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fshagan

Omega Cabinets - Reneging on Replacing Doors

Frank Hagan
5 years ago

Omega evidently had a problem with their finishing process, and initially said they would replace all the drawer fronts and cabinet doors. The finish is awful, with handprints, thumbprints, haze and splotchiness on every surface. On one piece you can see there was adhesive left on the edge banding and they attempted a repair.

Now, they want to try and rub out the splotchiness rather than replace the drawer fronts and cabinet doors. I'm concerned this will result in the problem returning after whatever wax or treatment they have the contractor try. We paid $18k for these cabinets, and wanted better quality than the Chinese cabinets that would have been about half that amount.

I've attached some pictures. If any of you are thinking of buying cabinets, I would stay away from Omega and their related brands right now. It's one thing to screw up an order, but quite another to promise replacement and then withdraw that promise. There is no way I'm going to accept something to "remove the haze" when I can see the handprints and fingerprints in the finish.

Comments (10)