Jeopardy - 09 January 2019

Lindsey_CA

Did anyone here watch Jeopardy on Wednesday, January 9? If so, was the Final Jeopardy screwed up?

What I mean is, here in Sacramento County, the returning champion was a woman, then in the middle there was a man, and on the right there was another woman. By the time Double Jeopardy ended, the man was in the red, so Alex told him he wouldn't be able to compete in Final Jeopardy, and it would just be the two women. Cut to commercial.

When they returned from the commercial break, there were three women competing in Final Jeopardy. The returning champion was in her spot, but neither of the other two women were the one who had competed in tonight's episode. The returning champion won again, and her two-day total was announced. (I don't recall how much it was.)

So, we're thinking that the Final Jeopardy was from last night's episode, and that for some unknown reason it was spliced into tonight's episode. We didn't watch last night, because we were watching NCIS on CBS (here in Sacramento, the local CBS station airs everything an hour earlier, as if we are in Central Time rather than Pacific).

Did anyone else get this, too???

SaveComment21Like
Comments (21)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sjerin

How very strange! I’m in the South Bay and we didn’t see anything like that. I was making dinner for much of the show but do would have said something if he’d seen it.

Save    
Granny J

We watched it and there were the three people competing in final jeopardy. The champion doubled her score and won. That is really strange they would change things around in your area.

Save    
lgmd_gaz

No problem here in the Pittsburgh area.

Save    
georgysmom2

No problem in Williamsburg.

Save    
nicole___

Dang! I missed it last night. That is really strange....

Save    
maddielee

How weird, game shows are always under scrutiny. Surely the television station would have heard from other viewers by now. Have they said anything?

Save    
Amazing Aunt Audrey

Lindsay, stop drinking the water! LOL just kidding.

Save    
Lindsey_CA

Granny J -- were the three women competing in Final Jeopardy the same three contestants throughout the entire show?

Lgmd_gaz and Georgysmom2 -- did both of you also have the same three contestants throughout the entire episode?

It will be interesting, tonight, to see what's shown here in Sacramento County!

Save    
dedtired

Wow, that’s weird. All I remember is the question to final Jeopardy which was What is The Sopranos. I’m sure it was the same three people throughout

Save    
Lindsey_CA

Yes, the Final Jeopardy clue was something about a show that used a gun in its logo so as to not confuse viewers into thinking it was an opera, and the correct response was "What is The Sopranos."

So, what I'm thinking is that our local station must have been airing the episode that was scheduled for tonight, and then when it was time for Final Jeopardy they cut to the Final Jeopardy from the correct episode. We'll find out tonight when we watch the show!

1 Like Save    
maire_cate

I'm in the same viewing area as dedtired - it was the same 3 women throughout the show. And I didn't know the Final Jeopardy answer either.

Save    
PRO
Anglophilia

My local station messed up its programming after the President's TV speech. It said "FBI" on the bottom of the screen, but the show being broadcast was "The Neighborhood". I don't think it is even shown on Tuesdays! They got it right by the time NCIS New Orleans was shown.

Save    
dedtired

I thought the final answer was Charlie’s Angels, but that has nothing to do with opera. Watching now. It goes Jessica in a black sweater, Dave in a gray suit and Anneke in a red sweater.

Save    
Granny J

The same three women were in the final Jeopardy.

Save    
rob333 (zone 7a)

Well all I can do is add to the mystery. I record Jeopardy. On the 9th there were two women and a man. The answer was Sopranos, but nobody went home before final jeopardy. Tonight, the tenth, a man went home before final jeopardy. However, there were only two women, and the answer was not soprano. Not much help, I'm afraid.

Save    
Lindsey_CA

OK, tonight's episode had Jessica, Dave, and Anneke -- the same three people we saw last night. It was as if it were a repeat. Technically, it was, since our local ABC station aired it last night. Hubs and I were shouting out the answers before Alex was done reading the clues. :-) But, the Final Jeopardy was "new." It was the Final Jeopardy that actually was part of tonight's episode, with only Jessica and Anneke participating.

Save    
Alisande

How odd. I watched it every night this week, and last night was the first time I saw Dave and Anneke. It must have been a bit startling to see those different contestants turn up for Final Jeopardy. And what an easy final it was!

BTW, was Dave a boxer? I missed his introduction, but he mentioned meeting his wife when she asked to have her picture taken with him--and I thought Alex said it was at a boxing match.

Save    
Lindsey_CA

When Dave was first introduced, his "background" was that he was a "retired Mixed Martial Artist." He did seem rather full of himself - when he got a Double Jeopardy early in round two, he said something like, "let's give the people what they came to see, Alex. A true daily double." His answer was wrong, so that took him down to zero. He got to select the next one, and he buzzed in first, but couldn't come up with anything, which put him in the hole. He never recovered from that.

1 Like Save    
Alisande

Thanks, Lindsey. I had the same impression of Dave. Still, I felt a little sorry for him. What I "came to see" was an entire show with all three contestants still standing.

Save    
Lindsey_CA

Hahaha. The other thing Dave said that I thought was a bit odd was when he said his then-future wife had contacted him a while after they'd first met and asked him if he remembered having taken a photo with her, and he said something like, "and the *only* time I've ever lied to her..." Then he elaborated and said that he'd taken "like 200 photos that night." Yeah, right. If it had been the only time he'd lied to her, he would have simply said something like, "and I said that of course I remembered her" without mentioning how many other people wanted photos with him.

I, too, like it better when all three contestants are in it until the end.

2 Likes Save    
blfenton

I don't watch Jeopardy but I have to admit you guys gave me a bit of a chuckle reading about Dave, Anneke and Jessica.

Save