SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3katz4me

RealAge test and other aging topics

3katz4me
5 years ago

Have you ever done the RealAge test? This came up at work the other day so I decided to give it a try. I was kind of surprised to end up 3 years younger than my actual age. I thought since I don't exercise enough or eat enough vegetables (things they ask) that I'd be worse. I'm in good (not perfect) health and thought having a few things "wrong" would also have an adverse effect. After finishing it and getting the results I think maybe your mental health and outlook on life must have a significant impact. I am very satisfied and happy with my life so maybe that is a plus.

On another note I was just reading about a new book, Women Rowing North, by Mary Pipher. She wrote a book years ago about adolescent girls and now this one about women's later life transition. Might be interesting - I might read it since I'm about to embark on the retirement transition.

Re: my retirement - it has been announced at my company. I've been deeply touched and a bit overwhelmed by the reaction of people that work in my group of about 100. I'm closest to those in leadership roles and have worked with some for a long time. I'm pretty humble about my work and didn't realize just how much these people have liked (dare I say loved?) working for me. People were in tears....which is sad for me to see but gratifying to know I have had a positive impact on their work lives. I thought I'd be done in April but those above me seem to have a desire for me to stay until June. We'll see - could be part-time in the latter months perhaps. I continue to add fun and interesting things to my retirement "to do" list as they come to mind. Along with some just practical kinds of projects I look forward to working on and getting done.

Comments (6)