SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nancyinri

Slabs Chosen, Plum Island is A Go!

NewEnglandgal
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

So today I went to another stoneyard and I fell in love with a stone for my island and also for my perimeter.

Super white quartzite for my island, leathered and a granite called "Silver Grey." I had never heard of it before.

The stones I posted yesterday were no longer available.

I know many here do not like two different counters and two different color cabinets but I am doing it. I did it in my last house and always had lots of compliments. I had cream cabinets on the perimeter and cherry on the island in my last home.

See down below.

Here are a couple photos I took off the internet of the same look:

So here is the slab I looked at, unfortunately already on hold and another also wanting it and on first if the person on hold lets it go besides me! The other slabs in the warehouse are also on hold. The girl I spoke to there said they get them in frequently and she will be getting more and they are working on getting them in as quickly as possible. Thank God I started now. My fabricator told me to go two weeks before. I'd be SOOL.

I have pictures but they do not do it justice. So, my thoughts-plum island with super white leathered quartzite on the island.

Perimeter will be Silver grey and remember that slab will be cut in half for the counter depth so will not look so busy.

the base cabinets for the silver grey will be Balboa mist The veining is actually kind of a light cream color.

^Balboa Mist can look light tan or even have a grey tone.

Slabs together:

The salesgirl and my friend both loved the two together and we put up a sample of the BM Shadow with the super white-gorgeous! This is picture I have shared before of the dark plum island with white marble for a counter so you get an idea.

Relieved to have a decision. Now have to wait for them to get the slabs in to look at and choose. Again, glad I have enough time to wait.

What do you think?

Edited for spelling errors.

Comments (194)