SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sktex

Curb Appeal!!! Help modernize this 1970s Texas waterfront home

sktex
5 years ago

We need help with curb appeal!!! We like concrete, flat roof modern homes and mid-century modern homes; yet purchased a 1970s bungalow. Home is located in South Texas so we'd like to maintain the beach feel. FYI - Whites, greys, creams and blacks are my favourite colours.

1. Roof - Red is not our favourite. We prefer charcoal, light grey or silver metal roof but may consider asphalt shingles based on cost. We likely won't change the pitch of the roof.

2. Front entrance - Currently there is 12 ft of vertical wood siding at the front door. Front door has 2 side windows. Would consider changing out the vertical wood to all glass, and add a contemporary front door with wood/glass combination. Perhaps add a matching garage door with wood/glass combo.

3. Landscape - Currently, there is about 3ft vegetation on either side of the concrete path leading to the front door. Would consider replacing the vegetation with landscape rock and/or pavers. However, I am open to suggestions. I like decorative grasses - such as Mexican feather grass, muhly grass or pampas grass.

4. Bathroom window - Since the home is in South Texas, we are considering an oversized wooden hurricane shutter to (a) protect the window from sun (b) make the window appear bigger than it really is.

Comments (5)