SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aigredoux

A little hello and update

Butternut
5 years ago

Hi All,

I don't know if anyone will remember me, but I used to post around 2015-2016, after a big move. I see a lot of familiar names in this forum, more so than in the regular "home decorating" one! I ended up getting very busy with a new job and 2 young kids, and decorating took a backseat for a while. Now that things at work are calming down and my kids are getting a little more self sufficient, I'm back at trying to make this house into my own style.

Anyway, where I left off was with a really ugly fireplace that I had ripped out, and left with some ugly stone behind it. I'll attach a photo. I finally found a great carpenter who fixed it up for me! Then it took me another year or so to patch up the wall and repaint...sigh. My mom made some gorgeous pinch pleat linen curtains. And pillows from the robert allen neo toile fabric someone here suggested. I reframed some of my grandmother's artwork which is really special to me.

When we moved in:

Current:

The last thing to do here is to update the light, and get rid of the ugly fan/light combo. I have been looking at this one for forever...but it's expensive...and I guess I am not so sure because i haven't pulled the trigger yet. Thoughts?

https://www.onekingslane.com/p/3963201-brighton-pagoda-lantern-gilded-iron.do?Wt.srch=1&utm_source=google&utm_medium=search&utm_term=%7c&utm_content=Toys%7c%7cds_kid%7cs92700024990023193_dc%7cpcrid%7c219790608643%7cpkw%7c%7cpmt%7c&utm_campaign=OKLN_BT_GO_A0A3x_WA_G_PLAx_CATCHAL_NA&loc_physical_ms=9001970&MCID=PS_GO_PLA_All+Products_Core&ds_rl=1251272&gclid=CjwKCAiAyMHhBRBIEiwAkGN6fBBAc_eYc-oE1sP0znZ06WzqP0OFQvxTi3th-n1HhSsfzVf9RbN3ghoC2VoQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Anyway, I have lots more work to do so I hope to be around more often!

Comments (28)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH