SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
reniecpa

looking for input on lamps, tables, accessories for family room

Serena Butler
5 years ago

This is our family room and it's slowly coming together. I'm not looking for input on the furniture arrangement, just finishing the room off. First of all, some things to note:

• the room will be repainted. this is Revere Pewter and my room faces east and the windows look out onto the covered patio so it's very dark. It's a sunny morning and this is as bright as it gets. I'm looking at SW Repose Gray or Silverpointe to brighten the room up.
  • We are having built-in shelving done on the TV wall to add storage & house the TV
  • I love maps and have a collection I'm getting framed to do a gallery wall on the wall above sofa
  • the window treatments are some I did myself and aren't for the long-term. I do want to stay in the blue-white family, but that's another project for another time (and $)
  • I want the room to feel light & airy, but cozy at the same time if that makes sense
  • The little round tan ottoman is old and holds my sons Hot Wheels cars. It can go or we could get 2 smaller ottomans/stools.

So, my questions are: The square ottoman is 38" and it's fine for the people on sofa facing the TV but it doesn't reach the other sofa. Should I do one huge coffee table, or a coffee table plus a couple of smaller ottomans that can easily be moved around as needed? What style?

I need a table & lamp by the chair where the garden stool & paint currently are. Style, wood tone? I think I want round.

What size/color sofa table for behind floating sofa? I could use the gray one that the TV is currently sitting on once we do the built-ins, but I"m thinking maybe something in a light wood tone would be better?

Do I need something between the sofa & the wall (like the skinniest console table ever?) or is it fine just pulled away from wall so it sits on the rug?

I"m doing a gallery wall of my map collection on wall above this sofa:

Built-ins will go on wall where TV is. I need a taller & different style lamp for the table on the left, and a table & lamp for spot where the garden stool is. (that's a sofa cover you see on the back of this sofa)

Another view. you can see the square ottoman here. It's not large enough for both sofas and I think I need something wood here.

This is coming into the room from the foyer. I like the mirror & vases but not the current filler, I think I need something else to fill in & add interest.

This is coming in from foyer as well. The kitchen & breakfast room re just to the right of this picture. The column you see is where the living room stops.

On the mantel....I love my blue & white vases but not what's in them. And maybe I need a not-so symmetrical arrangement, but I struggle with those things.

Your comments & input are appreciated!

Comments (17)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH